VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

7 hours ago, sne said:

Artist Christo famous for draping buildings and other spectacular stuff dead at 84.

christo-jeanne-claude-art-sculpture-arch

Valley Curtain, Colorado 1972

christo-jeanne-claude-art-sculpture-archSurrounded Islands, Biscayne Bay, Miami 1983

christo-jeanne-claude-art-sculpture-arch

The Gates, Central Park NYC, 2005

"We borrow space and create gentle disturbances for a few days,"

Christo RIP

Edited by TheAuthority
Quote added
  • Like 2

Jimmy Capps, the session guitarist has died. There are few country music session players that get noticed for their merits, Paul Franklin, maybe James Burton. But Jimmy Capps is one. 
He played on at least 5 of my all time favourite songs, he was part of the Louvin Brothers band and in his later years, The Oprys house band. 
He was the guitar on The Gambler and Stand By Your Man. 
He played with everyone, Dolly, Waylon, Johnny. If they were in country music they worked with Jimmy Capps. 

• Sad 1

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 15:08, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Jeff Hardy (Wrestler)

Paul Gascoigne (Police siege negotiator)

Bam Margera (Jackass) 

Madeline McCann ( Hide and Seek World Champion)

Jon Venables  (Murderer) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52916137

"Madeleine McCann 'assumed dead' by German prosecutors"

I hereby take the lead in the "VillaTalk Assumed Deadpool 2020".  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Steve Priest of Sweet has died. Are you ready Steve?

I saw a couple of incarnations of Sweet from my time working at Butlins on multiple occasions.  One did the crowd pleasers and one wanted to be Iron Maiden. Steve Priest featured in neither. 

If you listen to the B-sides of their ChinniChap hits, it was obvious that they wanted to be Deep Purple. 

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If you listen to the B-sides of their ChinniChap hits, it was obvious that they wanted to be Deep Purple. 

Strange, the only time I saw them was when they supported Deep Purple a few years back!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Sweet were a rock band doing pop to make a living.

Great comment ! I saw Sweet at The Top Rank in Dale End, before it became The Humming Bird. I was a package show and I really went to see Wizzard's first B/ham gig 'cos I knew the keyboard player. Also, supposedly, on the bill were Mac and Katie Kissoon ... but they didn't turn up !!! Anyway , Sweet were bloomin' excellent; I couldn't believe it  - I thought they were just bubble gum. Nope - top rate rock band - did an excellent Who medley .

• Like 2

Â