Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't think bringing up the servant thing again is going to go much better than it did last time

The bottom line it that it is a matter of opinion which were the best/good times.As far as I am concerened if I could change anything about my life,I would leave everything as it is,I have had a great life and have enjoyed every minute of it ( I would do it all again in a heartbeat )

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Apart from smoking im talking about the days when it was safe to drink water from a tap.

What makes you think it isn't safe now? I drink water from the tap every day. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

What makes you think it isn't safe now? I drink water from the tap every day. 

Here in Perth I dont know anyone who drinks water from a tap,over here everyone buys bottled water.We put water from a tap into a filter jug and drink that.

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Depends on what you/anyone calls "a better time to be alive"

By basically every metric there is, it's better to be alive in the present than the past. And that is almost always true. It will be better to be alive in 30 years than it is now

The good old days were shit in comparison

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

By basically every metric there is, it's better to be alive in the present than the past. And that is almost always true. It will be better to be alive in 30 years than it is now

The good old days were shit in comparison

Never mind the quality,feel the width.

A Big Mac and fries from maccies is more enjoyable than the colossal medium-rare burgers in brioche buns with a gazillion toppings and massive chips you get everywhere now.

The ideal burger is just a delicious patty with good meat and slightly under with a bun and sauce of your choice, but you practically can’t buy that these days. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Big Mac is the most overrated burger of all time. it's awful

And the quality is getting even worse

McDonald's burgers for me are now like cardboard, drier than gandhis flip flop, been talked about before but it's almost like this made fresh set up isn't helping the quality

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Yes,im a war baby but my parents and me left Calcutta (India ) where my mum and dad were fighting the Japanese.We left in 1950 because India got their independance in 1950 and it took 3 years for the Indians to decide to throw the English out of India. ( my parents are both English and although I hold an English passport I have never lived in England ) As for forgetting the bad times,do you mean forgetting that we had servants to do everything and we had to do virtually nothing at all ( I even had 2 brothers ) who read comics to me so that I didnt have to read them myself.Or do you mean the other bad times,when I was enjoying myself with my mates running around the streets having fun,splitting up and having fun wars with air rifles,etc,etc,etc.As a point of interest when we had to leave India,half the family went to England and my family settled in New Zealand.I personally do not recall any bad times at all. 

I should imagine that New Zealand would have been a rather better place to be than a war-ravaged blighty, although kids of the era would have had nothing else to compare it with.

The film Hue and Cry (1947) offers a fairly accurate, if romanticised picture of the state of cities.

Â