Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

On 25/01/2022 at 15:48, villa4europe said:

Was putting a beatles play list together at the weekend as they're a bit tricky due to the albums / singles / compilations etc so I redid it all and I've thought this for a while but looking at it again reaffirmed it for me - 

The beatles don't have a every track a killer complete album, they have at least 3 or 4 bad songs on each album 

The play list is big, I love a lot of beatles songs and they have some of the greatest songs ever but the albums as a complete package song 1 to song 10  aren't that good

The White Album is half complete garbage. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Pink Floyd are overrated. 

The Brummie accent is actually kind of pleasing to the ear. 

Bananas. Always slightly disappointing. 

1. Yes and no 

2. Only to Brummies and Americans 

3. Yes 

On 25/01/2022 at 22:58, KentVillan said:

I always quite liked when an album started with a “difficult” song, like a blast of angry noise or whatever, and then that made room in your head for a quieter, more melodic song. 

600-600-102394399_w1xYvb-webp.webp

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

1. Yes and no 

2. Only to Brummies and Americans 

3. Yes 

I tried listening to the album Wish You Were Here and I wanted to open my veins. 

I appreciate it. But it is depressing. 

I find bananas very meh but still try to eat one a day regardless.

Not usually into banana flavoured stuff apart from Banana choco flakes Muller crunch corner, which I’ve just had in fact.

• Like 1

Bananas just like pears have about a 15 min window where they are edible. Outside of that they are either unripe and tasteless or over ripe, soft, mushy and or grainy.

I pretty much only eat bananas in milkshakes or smoothies.

• Like 2

I've discovered Fuji apples and that's my go to fruit lately. Juicy, crisp, sweet and fragrant. And they keep in the fridge for weeks. 

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, sne said:

Bananas just like pears have about a 15 min window where they are edible. Outside of that they are either unripe and tasteless or over ripe, soft, mushy and or grainy.

Agree completely with your first sentence, but I don't like bananas or the banana flavor in any other foods.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Agree completely with your first sentence, but I don't like bananas or the banana flavor in any other foods.

Fun fact, most banana flavouring tastes nothing like an actual banana because banana flavouring is based on a type of banana that went out of style (the gros michel banana) which you never get anymore in comparison with the new and more favoured Cavendish banana 

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Bananas. Always slightly disappointing. 

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

3. Yes 

From my wife's Winnie the Pooh Cook Book. Peel and slice banana in half (cross sectionally) Stick lollypop sticks in the cut ends, wrap in foil and freeze. When frozen, remove foil, dip in molten dark chocolate, replace foil, and put back in freezer. On a hot summer's day remove from freezer, remove foil and eat. (not the stick or foil, for the passing Blues fan).

If this is still disappointing, seek medical help.

The Beatles and their albums are fine, but there are certain shades of colour I am not keen on.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

I tried listening to the album Wish You Were Here and I wanted to open my veins. 

I appreciate it. But it is depressing. 

You're right, but the ones that followed it were even more depressing. 

Post-Syd, pre-DSotM Floyd, is my go-to era. 

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

600-600-102394399_w1xYvb-webp.webp

My lad  has this album , we got it in a second hand vinyl shop one weekend  … he purchased Bach , Rick Wakeman  and Chas n Dave at the same time 

he has a very eclectic taste when it come to music , puts me to shame 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sne said:

In porridge 

Â