Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't eat porridge in any form, strangely enough I really like Risotto.

What is the connection between risotto and porridge? Rice, stock and stuff vs oats and milk? Breakfast vs non-breakfast?

I don't see how one connects to the other, strangely or not

Just now, bickster said:

What is the connection between risotto and porridge? Rice, stock and stuff vs oats and milk? Breakfast vs non-breakfast?

I don't see how one connects to the other, strangely or not

My issue is usually consistency with stuff I can't eat (or chose to not eat). Depending on how poorly made the Risotto is the consistency can be similar-ish to porridge.

Also have trouble eating warm food for breakfast. Apart from Bacon of course.

26 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Also, in Norway and I believe Sweden as well, rice is typically used in porridge in stead of oats. 

mmm Jule-gröt 😋

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Before I pass judgement …

With or without gravy ?

Gravy is only for fish porridge, obviously.

Rice porridge is always served with a coat of sugar, cinnamon and a generous lump of butter on top. 

Bananas were kind of ruined for me when I saw a documentary where they showed how they replicate the banana smell/flavour artificially. They said that the main aroma profile was cut grass. Now whenever I have a banana, especially ‘not quite ripe’ bananas, all I can smell is cut grass. It’s right there. 
I like the smell of cut grass, but don’t want to eat it.

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Bananas were kind of ruined for me when I saw a documentary where they showed how they replicate the banana smell/flavour artificially. They said that the main aroma profile was cut grass. Now whenever I have a banana, especially ‘not quite ripe’ bananas, all I can smell is cut grass. It’s right there. 
I like the smell of cut grass, but don’t want to eat it.

Might not want to watch the BANANAS! and Big Boys Gone Bananas! documentaries either.

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Twisterella is the only piece of music released by Ride or any member of Ride that wasn't dog shit, and that is only because it sounds like Teenage Fanclub. 

Yeah I'm calling Vlad to include you in the Vapour Trail

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah I'm calling Vlad to include you in the Vapour Trail

My face when my mates were heralding Chelsea Girl as a work of art, the disappointment when my now wife thought the same thing. 

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Twisterella is the only piece of music released by Ride or any member of Ride that wasn't dog shit, and that is only because it sounds like Teenage Fanclub. 

Today forever was ok  ... its the only Ride album I've ever heard ( well EP)  tbf 

Edited by tonyh29

Â