Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 17 of 38)

villalad21

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I want to see Deano out think Wilder tactically. They dont have a better squad than us.

They work harder than us. Don't think many would argue with that. They are without ego. The team comes first. Jury still out on this villa side in that regard.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 2

Some of you must find life so stressful!

Criticising and disagreeing I get, but when you’re spamming new criticisms every 30 seconds it comes across as slightly histrionic.

For what it’s worth I think it’s time to give someone else a go up front. I really don’t see a massive problem with any of the other selections - I get the Hause worries too but I think he gives much better balance to Engels than Konsa because of his physicality.

I imagine the ones worried about Lansbury are the people who rave about Luiz regardless of how he actually plays. 

Edit - just seen @screwdriver’s post and now I’m worried about Lansbury starting 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is a difference between "Blind faith and optimism", and thinking 'Hey, maybe there is a reason the team which has been picked, has been picked, are players injured, have players not performed in training? Is there a particular tactical plan which has been outlayed? Do these players suit that plan? Maybe those players could click?, Will be interesting to see how this plays out, it could go well, and it could not, hoping for the best!"

As opposed to predicting doom before a ball is kicked and calling everybody including the manager shit.

Some of you almost WANT it to go badly so you can prove yourselves right and pat yourselves on the back.

I bet some of you are having wet dreams at the thought of Wesleys first mis control as well. lol

You’ve created one hell of a strawman there I’ll give you that 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Hause is Mings direct replacement, a left footer and Konsa was awful against Leicester, so Engels (rightly) replaces him as the right footed CB. 

Konsa wasn't awful Leicester were just bloody good. 

• Thanks 1

In fairness, the manager has made two choices - he's picked Hause and Engels over Konsa and he's picked Lansbury over Luiz - that's all. It's not some sort of radical reshuffle. For all we know Luiz and Konsa might have had colds this week - as it is, he's gone for a left sided centre back and more forward thinking centre mid - it's not like he's got his pants on his head, a cucumber up his jacksy and he keeps repeating the word "papple". It's just a couple of choices with a squad that has limited depth.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I really don't see much wrong with the team selection. Smith likes a right and left footer as a CB pairing so Hause makes complete sense. 

I like Luiz but it's not as if we're dominating the midfield battles so a good opportunity for Lansbury to take his chance. 

Wesley was never going to be dropped. We don't have any other viable option, Kodjia isn't any better and Davis isn't fit. Trezeguet at striker is just ridiculous. 

Wesley as a footballer is even more ridiculous. 

Edited by Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm still in shock I'm a Henri fan but not as a starter. He must have had a worldly week in training. DS this is on you now.

To be fair the vast majority of our team are not playing at a level were getting dropped is beneath them. If Lansbury has put his hand up in training and earned his start that way, fair play to him. That's how training should be anyway.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, the manager has made two choices - he's picked Hause and Engels over Konsa and he's picked Lansbury over Luiz - that's all. It's not some sort of radical reshuffle. For all we know Luiz and Konsa might have had colds this week - as it is, he's gone for a left sided centre back and more forward thinking centre mid - it's not like he's got his pants on his head, a cucumber up his jacksy and he keeps repeating the word "papple". It's just a couple of choices with a squad that has limited depth.

Won't have any of that common sense or logic here....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's also chosen to stick with one of the most inept strikers we have had the last 30 years. 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

To be fair the vast majority of our team are not playing at a level were getting dropped is beneath them. If Lansbury has put his hand up in training and earned his start that way, fair play to him. That's how training should be anyway.

So Douglas Luiz has done enough (or not enough) to be dropped? In place of someone who ha n't started a game this season?