Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 17 of 38)

villalad21

We are one point behind in the point a game needed over the season to (probably) secure our place in this league next year and about to start a run against the teams around us, we MUST start winning these games!

It'll be a great loud atmosphere at Bramhall Lane, Sheff Utd have a great support time to step up I feel we can batter this lot on our day but they won't roll over like Norwich. 

• Like 1

Tough, tough game... although we need to start winning games I would probably take a point from this one. Actually... no I wouldn't, we, in my opinion, have the better players, it's all about having the desire and physically matching these which is key to getting a result (a la Newcastle last week)! I just hope the Leicester performance has hurt our lads and we can really put on a strong solid show and bring the 3 points home. 

I would be tempted to match up like-for-like with the blades and make it all about winning the personal battles, would be risky but would maybe shore the defence up a little and take Wilder by surprise. Obviously depends on Mings fitness and would be a risk if he broke down. Think McGinn should start deeper and let Jack play more central with a change up top which most fans are calling for. I really want Wes to succeed and have been less critical than many but yesterday he was very poor even by the low standards he has set.

Heaton

Konsa    Engels    Mings

Guilbert                         Targett       

McGinn    Luiz 

Grealish

Kodjia           El Ghazi 

Subs: Nyland, Hause, Nakamba, Lansbury, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Wesley 

Prediction 1v2 

Edited by WakefieldVillan

Sorry Nakamba you didn't impress yesterday so you're out for me.

--------------------Heaton------------------

Guilbert--Konsa--Engels-------Targett

----------------------Luiz----------------------------

-------------McGinn--Hourihane-------------

El Ghazi------------Kodjia---------------Jack

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

--------------------Heaton------------------

Guilbert--Konsa--Engels-------Targett

----------------------Luiz---------------------------

-------------McGinn--Hourihane------------

El Ghazi---------Trezeguet-----------Jack

This would do me, but I would probably swop Trezeguet and El Ghazi.

Southampton and Newcastle have both gone there and won, surprisingly.

Theyve had an incredible start to the season, I really like their refreshing approach and I think Wilder is top class. Ever since Snoddy bent that one in in the last minute and he had nothing but kind words toward us. Very similar to Deano in being a down to earth, honest manager. Probably because both love their clubs and wouldnt bullshit their own fans.

The game itself is a test of character. You know you have to match them for fight and tactical discipline; then hope your quality will shine through. This could be season changing for us if we could do it. Huge boost going into the 6 pointers. Need a response from Leicester. Hope Mingels can reunite and get back to early season form.

1-1 (Wes...jokes.. El Ghazi)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only highlight of that terrible 4-1 defeat at Bramall Lane last season was El Ghazi’s goal, his first for us if I remember correctly. We got ripped apart by them, and fans were singing for Bruce’s sacking. I wished I hadn’t gone. 

fast forward and a lot has changed, I’m not expecting another 4-1 drubbing. But I don’t feel confident. I just hope there’s a reaction to the Leicester game and we put a proper performance in. 

9 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Cant believe the amount of people suggesting kodija. Wes is poor but i'd take him every day of the week over kodj. Awful player who doesnt put in a shift. Loses the ball withing 3 secs of receiving it. 

But Kodjia get's in the box and get's at the end of crosses.

He also have the ability to get a worldie of a goal once every 10-15 games or so. And his first touch and ball control is miles ahead of Wes.

Wes isn't doing anything at the moment.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Kodja for me to start, not his biggest fan but I struggle to see how he can be any worse than Wes, I would also personally rather see Hause alongside Engels being left footed. 

I don't get the Kodjia hate.

He played the majority of the games last season as a winger and still got 9 goals + 2 assists.

He may not work as hard as Wes but he will bring genuine quality.