Fantasy Jan 2020 signing

Vancvillan

A bit of light-hearted fun... hopefully.

You can sign one former or current Prem player in Jan. Transfer fee and wages are irrelevant. Only rules are:

1. They have to have played in the Prem at some point.

2. We get them at their peak Prem ability level, so if you pick Piqué, you get Man U Piqué.

Given the squad we have and how we play, who would you sign to take us further up the league?

Yaya Toure for me.  The way he dominated midfield in his Man City prime was quality, it was as if he was a different level of player than his competition in most games.  I'd love to say a creative player of striker (especially as we need one) but Yaya drove the team, the engine of the team and it flowed through him.  

• Like 2

Why not make it two? I can't really think of too many better partnerships, the wavelength of these two was incredible:

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

Marvelous

McGinn - Luiz - Grealish

Cole - Yorke

If you're going to be spoilsports, and make me choose one, unfortunately for him I don't think Le Tissier's position needs attention, so I'll say either Bergkamp or Henry.

Yaya Toure's peak years at City were certainly underrated at the time and now, again though, not a position that we are weakest in.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Original Ronaldo best CF in his prime.

Come on dude, there were only 2 rules 😋

10 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

You can sign one former or current Prem player in Jan. Transfer fee and wages are irrelevant. Only rules are:

12 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

2. We get them at their peak Prem ability level, so if you pick Piqué, you get Man U Piqué.

Given the squad we have and how we play, who would you sign to take us further up the league?

Matthew Le  Tissier or Eric Cantona

Edited by Villan4Life

Â