The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

he’s getting absolutely ****. doubt it will make the slightest difference.

It might do. Undecided voters in England this will be voting SNP based on this. 

I jest. Objectively Corbyn has done by far the best out of this particular format. It may swing a few undecided voters. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

he’s getting absolutely ****. doubt it will make the slightest difference.

To be fair none have particularly come out glowing. Only Sturgeon seems to have come out unscathed and as @tonyh29 pointed out, the majority aren’t able to vote for SNP. 
lt is definitely “I hate the least” election. 

• Like 1

Half time in the football, scan down the thread, missed nothing.

Football news, we’ve been playing a youth keeper in goal and he kept a bunch of clean sheets. First team keeper back in, lose 3 in a row conceding 9 goals.

Kid back in goal this evening, clean sheet so far.

More as it happens....

He’s asked about people dying in hospital corridors during Tory cuts and he’s somehow allowed to swing his answer back round to his time as mayor of London, Labour and how he will get Brexit done? He’s answered every question with the same old stock phrases and sound bites. It was almost too predictable.

Utterly shameless and he’s been let off incredibly easily by some generous moderation. 

Words cannot express the loathing that I have for that word removed. 

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

To be fair none have particularly come out glowing. Only Sturgeon seems to have come out unscathed and as @tonyh29 pointed out, the majority aren’t able to vote for SNP. 
lt is definitely “I hate the least” election. 

Yeah they were all given a fairly hard time , didn’t see anything good from any of them that would sway a floating voter ...  the audience format didn’t really work as clearing in the woods with the dodgy hair wanted to make it his own show and kinda ruined the flow on Johnson’s segment with his constant shouting and interruptions , I’ve no doubt he’ll be bragging on twitter shortly so we should find he’s a labour activist before the kettles boiled  :)

only real conclusion is people seem to hate Swanson more than they hate Corbyn , who’d have thought it 

5 minutes ago, JB said:

He’s asked about people dying in hospital corridors during Tory cuts and he’s somehow allowed to swing his answer back round to his time as mayor of London...

Genuine question but isn't NHS funding constantly increased every year? So if that is the case why is the NHS in such a mess?

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah they were all given a fairly hard time , didn’t see anything good from any of them that would sway a floating voter ...  the audience format didn’t really work as clearing in the woods with the dodgy hair wanted to make it his own show and kinda ruined the flow on Johnson’s segment with his constant shouting and interruptions , I’ve no doubt he’ll be bragging on twitter shortly so we should find he’s a labour activist before the kettles boiled  :)

He was pretty good.  Proper scrutiny, knew what Johnson had done/said previously so his attempt at brushing it off looked bad.

But yes, no doubt he'll be factchecked as a Labour activist :) 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Genuine question but isn't NHS funding constantly increased every year? So if that is the case why is the NHS in such a mess?

Politicians throw money at the NHS and don't bother to utilise it with forethought. If you just throw money at the NHS it won't do a great deal. If you throw money at the NHS with thought, it'll benefit.

But... The Tories want to kill it. They quietly do things to undermine it. The headlines are the millions invested but the reality is much of that money is used badly.

And of course the population grows ever larger and ever long lived which leads the need for every penny to go further as it needs to serve more people for longer with more drastic illnesses.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don’t think funding is increasing at the same rate as costs are increasing.

So you’re getting less bangs for your bucks.

• Like 3

The way I saw it. In order of performance

Sturgeon has an easy ride because English voters don't care much about holding her to account. She is a slick operator. 

Corbyn had some tough questions but was able to put across his philosophy for the country. He wasn't just on the defensive....

Johnson was asked tough questions, on the things he is weak on, he really struggled. He lied, deflected and attacked Corybn where he could. He got a few claps, as he would on Brexit. 

Swinson was slaughtered, she didn't seem to get any positive feedback on her points. Had angry questions from leavers and remainers. Was absolutely destroyed on her voting record, supporting austerity and malicious social welfare policies that she voted in favour of. She had a pained look on her face. Possibly a turning point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's increased, but has been absolutely nowhere near the level needed since the Conservatives have been in power (including the "coalition" government there too).  As a % of GDP, funding has decreased every single year since they've been in government.  0 years of increased healthcare funding as a % of GDP.  gg Tories words removed.

(Edit:  Of course, this is coupled with having a larger, longer-living and more mentally ill (now that we're more aware) population).

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's due to not keeping investment high enough for the demand I'd have though as much as anything.  People living longer and living with chronic ailments, a population that's increasing etc.

• Like 1