The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Can't you evaluate it a bit more critically? You don't sound like a Tory voter from what you've just said.

Which way did you vote in the ref, and why?

I've never voted Tory in my life (I'm 40 now). I voted leave. 

I guess the easiest way of rationalising my decision to vote Tory this time is that my political leanings are pretty central, and I think labour are currently much further left than the Tories are right if that makes any sense?

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I guess the easiest way of rationalising my decision to vote Tory this time is that my political leanings are pretty central, and I think labour are currently much further left than the Tories are right if that makes any sense?

So is your potential decision to vote Tory based around your leave vote? Because Lib Dem would seemingly suit your compass leanings from the limited info you've revealed, but because of their strong remain stance, you wouldn't vote for them?

Why did you vote to leave?

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I guess the easiest way of rationalising my decision to vote Tory this time is that my political leanings are pretty central, and I think labour are currently much further left than the Tories are right if that makes any sense?

It doesn't. They aren't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Nope it makes no sense. I agree that Labour are to the left more so than they have been for decades BUT and its a huge one. The Tories are almost in British National Party territory, they have never been more right wing in my lifetime. They've gone beyond Neo-liberalism and are firmly in Nationalist Looney territory.

This too, and the more Centrist (again your words of your own position) ones have either quit or been forced out.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think you are spot on there 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Parties don't use tactical voting. Interested campaign groups do

Ahem... Pro-EU UK parties set to launch anti-Brexit election pact

Ahead of the early UK general election, due on December 12, the pro-EU opposition Liberal Democrats, Welsh nationalist Plaid Cymru and Green Party are set to unveil an election alliance in which they will stand aside in about 70 targeted, marginal seats.

I heard about this on Radio 5 Live earlier (despite what the article says later on). The article refers to the recent by election where Plaid Cymru and Greens didn't stand so Lib Dems could win.

Also you had Brexit Party offering a similar one to the Tories in the Euros. Whether they do that now is another question, given their different stances, but it surely remains a possibility. 

@StefanAVFC (and anyone else overseas):

From that statement:

As postal vote packs cannot be printed until candidate nominations close in the middle of November, it may be prudent for UK voters living overseas to consider setting up a proxy vote to have someone they trust vote on their behalf on 12 December.

I think this is the Gov page:

If you're a British citizen living overseas, then you can apply to vote by proxy for a particular election or referendum.

Edit: And it seems the advice is to do this asap - it might not be the quickest of processes.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Also you had Brexit Party offering a similar one to the Tories in the Euros. Whether they do that now is another question, given their different stances, but it surely remains a possibility.

I saw a Brexit Corp website earlier that had a list of constituencies and candidates and which seemed to suggest that they'd unilaterally decided not to stand against some Tories (the likes of Redwood, &c.).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It was only 2 years ago everyone was taking to twitter to say that May had stolen Red Ed's policies

Well if "everyone" on Twitter said so...

Also, just a heads up, neither of these are part leaders any more.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I saw a Brexit Corp website earlier that had a list of constituencies and candidates and which seemed to suggest that they'd unilaterally decided not to stand against some Tories (the likes of Redwood, &c.).

Could you figure out roughly how many or is it just in the marginals do you think? 

Also, did you update your anti-virus after you visited the website? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Could you figure out roughly how many or is it just in the marginals do you think?

Looks like 13.

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Also, did you update your anti-virus after you visited the website?

:lol:

It's a horrific looking page. It looks like it was put together in the 1990s.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, snowychap said:

They said they wouldn't stand against anyone* who voted against May's deal at every opportunity 

*any Tory, rather

• Like 1