The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Spain has it quite bad with the seperatists. It's not just the Catalonians and Basques, there are albeit smaller Galician and Andulucian Speratist movements too. There may be others, I think possibly there ae but I forget those

Here’s a map that might help, the white bits are where Spanish fascists didn’t get much of the vote.

EJK9udCX0AEKM0k?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Thanks 1

The Lib Dem candidate in Canterbury stands aside to help Labour and Rosie Duffield retain the marginal seat.

Lib Dem HQ say that they want a new candidate to stand. 

All four of the approved-for-candidacy local Lib Dem members refuse.

Lib Dem HQ look like they are going to parachute in an outsider, while the local activists support Rosie Duffield.

It's like they actually want to hand this election to Johnson and Nu-KIP.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Mebyon Kernow!

I’ve had a bloody good chat with those guys. Met up in Mevagissey Museum, there were a couple of old photos of relatives of mine there. We had an ice cream and plotted football related plots.

I’ll wind my neck in now and get back to the election.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The Lib Dem candidate in Canterbury stands aside to help Labour and Rosie Duffield retain the marginal seat.

Lib Dem HQ look like they are going to parachute in an outsider, while the local activists support Rosie Duffield.

Yep, from here I presume?

I actually tweeted LibDem HQ to ask them wtf they're doing

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

tbf I'd expect Labour to do exactly the same in a similar position

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's almost like they actually aren't solely bothered with a Remain Alliance and that actually they want to take maximum advantage of any good will to pinch seats wherever they can 

Almost.

Almost.

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's almost like they actually aren't solely bothered with a Remain Alliance and that actually they want to take maximum advantage of any good will to pinch seats wherever they can 

Almost.

Almost.

But this doesn't make sense tactically.

They have no chance there, and actively going against Labour means a Tory MP.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

She has stated time and time again that she absolutely could not stomach Corbyn as PM.

So either she believes she’s going to gain 300 additional seats. Or she’s actually ok with Johnson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

She has stated time and time again that she absolutely could not stomach Corbyn as PM.

So either she believes she’s going to gain 300 additional seats. Or she’s actually ok with Johnson.

This.

Corbyn's as big, if not bigger, concern to Swindon and co than Brexit.

Doing just enough to balance things out overall might get her and her pals a nice ministerial car and a referendum.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

BBC 6.00 news at it again. Bishop Auckland voxpops, all about ex-Labour voters who don't like Corbyn, and plan to vote Tory. 

They dropped a right bollock here as somwone talking sense was interviewed.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

She did her best to try to shut him up and cut him off, then make him seem like he held an obscure bonkers vie

Tragic what has happened to the BBC and they aren't even being subtle anymore about having to toe the line.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

She did her best to try to shut him up and cut him off, then make him seem like he held an obscure bonkers view though

he trotted out words straight from the  VT “I’m no fan of Corbyn but” playbook  , which poster on here is he ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Where is this independent East Germany you speak of?

Not to denegrate your point, which I'm not unsympathetic with but thats not a good example to lead with, nor is Czech either tbh. Both completely swapped their economic model, one lumped itself in with it's rich brothers, the other then had to separate again further down the line

I know little about Malta apart from its one of the cheapest EU citizenships going, htey like shooting small birds and moving Russian money, oh and Queeny gave them a gong

Not to forget that Malta is a massive tax haven, flushed with gambling money as well as moving dodgy money about.

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It makes no sense only if you believe what they have said about stopping Brexit being the issue of overriding importance, and disregard their very recent record of being delighted to serve as underlings to the tories, voting through every regressive and punitive measure that was proposed, in return for a brief share in the trappings of office.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The Lib Dem’s have come across as far bigger dicks than Labour so far in this campaign.

I find them a bit cringy,  I think they are going to do very badly but we will have to wait and see.  Th eone trick pony message to stop things is fine if you are a large party.  Doesn't work if you are a niche party as they are.  They need more than one message.  So they try with crime....

Announcing 500 m to tackle knife crime,  I suggest that to tackle (I take tackle as to reduce it considerably so it disappears) would cost more closer to 5 billion than 500 M.  There have been 100 + knife deaths in London alone + all the injuries and robberies that go with it.  1 single case can cost millions to investigate and take to court for a conviction.  A few youth clubs ain't going to cut it IMO.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

It makes no sense only if you believe what they have said about stopping Brexit being the issue of overriding importance, and disregard their very recent record of being delighted to serve as underlings to the tories, voting through every regressive and punitive measure that was proposed, in return for a brief share in the trappings of office.

This, although an alternative, slightly less negative slant would be 'it makes sense if your long-term plan is to become the second-largest political party in the UK, and Brexit is a handy wedge for that aim'. I don't even think that's an illegitimate goal for a party to have (though I don't want them to succeed). But the idea that the Lib Dems care about stopping Brexit more than they care about their position in the next Parliament seems wrong to me.