The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agreed about salmon. Regardless if she is a nationalist or not. I have never hear her talk about the union and how much we are friends. All she seems Scotland and the UK as is us and them.

Even Boris and Corbyn dispute their faults talk about the friendships between the UK and how bad it would be to split it up.

I hope the Scots vote her out. She is poison for the UK as a whole.

Talk is cheap.

If you reallly think Johnson gives any sort of shit for 'the union' then you've missed the fall out from the new deal he negotiated.

I think you've got this whole think remarkably arse about face, Dem.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Talk is cheap.

If you reallly think Johnson gives any sort of shit for 'the union' then you've missed the fall out from the new deal he negotiated.

I think you've got this whole think remarkably arse about face, Dem.

But sturgeon cares. Ok mate 👍

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-nigel-farage-urges-tories-to-stand-down-in-labour-seats-they-can-never-win-11859929

"I think what you're seeing from this reaction is, for the Conservative Party, it is about them as a party, not about delivering Brexit."

Farage has just had the shock realisation that the last 4 years has only been an exercise in keeping the Tory party together...nice that he's caught up eventually.

• Haha 1

I see that he called on people to report the Ad to Google as misleading and when I search it doesn't show up.

It might just be that they've excluded central London as an area to target the ads at as I don't imagine they'd get a whole lot of luck.

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I see that he called on people to report the Ad to Google as misleading and when I search it doesn't show up.

It might just be that they've excluded central London as an area to target the ads at as I don't imagine they'd get a whole lot of luck.

It might already have been taken down to be fair. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That's the funny thing this Muppet thinks it's so easy to just leave the UK. Look at the chaos brexit has caused. They will have to do two seperate negotiation deals with us and the eu.

That would be a even bigger carnage for them. Scotland won't even be allowed straight back in the eu either. Seems very selfish and egotistical to me.

Agreed about salmon. Regardless if she is a nationalist or not. I have never hear her talk about the union and how much we are friends. All she seems Scotland and the UK as is us and them.

Even Boris and Corbyn dispute their faults talk about the friendships between the UK and how bad it would be to split it up.

She simply doesn't want us to leave as she knows the pressure from her supporters is to back another Scottish referendum. Basically Scotland breaking away from the union is a disaster for Scotland, and it's a false narrative as there is no way Spain would back Scotland rejoining the EU as this would put massive pressure on them to allow a Catalan independence referendum. I saw that in their last referendum manifesto they spoke of transitioning to a new currency. Naivity at it highest. IF they were to rejoin the EU then from day one they would have to have the euro and sign up to all EU laws. That is set out for new EU member states, ratified in the Lisbon treaty. The EU won't shift things for wee Jimmy Krankie and co.

It also is financial suicide, I read an article that said that whilst UK debt as a whole is at around 3% average, in Scotland is set to 13-16%, thanks in no part to a ridiculously high amount of funding and borrowing from the EU. The SNP are stirring pro-Scotland rhetoric for the folks back home but deep down they know that they would soon get found out.

On top of that, the tories don't really care about gaining scottish votes. I'm convinced they had a deliberate plan during the scottish referendum to wipe out the Labour vote in Scotland, which they did. Even the disaster of May's electon saw her win, mainly due to the lack of Scottish labour seats.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That's the funny thing this Muppet thinks it's so easy to just leave the UK. Look at the chaos brexit has caused. They will have to do two seperate negotiation deals with us and the eu.

That would be a even bigger carnage for them. Scotland won't even be allowed straight back in the eu either. Seems very selfish and egotistical to me.

On negotiation with the EU, if they were an independent country, willing to join on the EU’s terms and accept the EU’s rules where would the problem be? There are already 11 members of the EU with smaller populations than Scotland, they would join as a mid ranking oil producing state with fishing waters. Independence is a fairly normal thing.

Negotiation with the UK would be more difficult, I think she’d basically offer Westminster their nukes back and a cut of Scottish oil. It wouldn’t be easy, but there would be no reason for it to be the chaotic shit show of the last 3 years. The main problem would surely be whether Westminster could sort out its end of any negotiation. Their track record recently is truly shocking. During the last indie ref a number of my friends went up there and helped out, it was truly a pro inclusion positive happy campaign. Nothing negative about foreigners or the english or immigration. Just about the polar opposite of Brexit.

As for not talking up the Union, well, erm, I guess the clue is in the title? I mean, I’ve never heard Johnson talking up Corbyn. She comes over as far more coherent than Corbyn or Johnson.

As for others suggesting she’s a shady character that hates the english with a massive ‘tell’ when she lies - what utter bollocks.

Edited by chrisp65
Weather whether
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For some reason, the Tories have decided to select David 'lost the Brecon by-election after being convicted of fraud Davies' to contest Ynys Mon, which is a three-way marginal, at least on paper.

Novel way of coming third

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

She comes over as far more coherent than Corbyn or Johnson.

As for others suggesting she’s a shady character that hates the english with a massive ‘tell’ when she lies - what utter bollocks.

This. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

BBC 6.00 news at it again. Bishop Auckland voxpops, all about ex-Labour voters who don't like Corbyn, and plan to vote Tory. 

It's a disgrace, how about talking to Tory remainers that are ditching the Conservatives for the Lib Dems in their droves?

It made me a bit angry to be honest, the presenter was saying things like "The North East are disgruntled with a political system that they feel has forgotten about them". And then they talk to two 2017 Labour voters in a pub that say that they're now going to vote Conservative. Basically, the narrative that they're trying to spin didn't make sense to me. 

I dunno, I can't understand what the BBC are up to, to be honest. All I ever see is this obsession with Labour leavers. It seems to me that they're not trying to represent an election narrative, but they're trying to create one. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But sturgeon cares. Ok mate 👍

Cares about what, Dem? 'The Union'. No, I don't imagine she does given that her party is intent on campaigning for Scottish Independence.

Johnson couldn't give any of his or your shits for 'The Union' neither.