The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Would she not settle for a second EU referendum? I can understand why she'd want to lead Scotland back into the EU so maybe being part of keeping the entire UK in might be a close second. I don't know btw, just speculating.

Nope,  no way.  Her hate of all things English is what keeps her going.

It knows how to to push their very big buttons up there,  easy work.  BTW,  watch her when she is talking,  she moves her head when she lies and she can't stop it.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Why was the idea of Scotland leaving the UK (pre 2016) not considered as stupid as the UK leaving the EU?  

Well as far as I know it is,  one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard in the last 40 years.  (Borders,  trade,  money & weapons) to name a few things that really don't square up to scrutiny.

My main concern is, why use the pound if they are an independent country,  I will never understand this.  They can't control it in any way at all.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why was the idea of Scotland leaving the UK (pre 2016) not considered as stupid as the UK leaving the EU?  

The idea would be that Scotland could stay in the EU, with all the economic advantages that provides, and be like another Denmark.

Meanwhile England/Wales go it alone and find things a bit tougher in the now globalised economy than they remembered.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

The idea would be that Scotland could stay in the EU, with all the economic advantages that provides, and be like another Denmark.

Meanwhile England/Wales go it alone and find things a bit tougher in the now globalised economy than they remembered.

Thanks,  ok I see.  Hmm.  but don't you need a bank to join the EU and I don't mean Scottish Widows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Don't do this. The SNP don't hate England. They just want Scotland to be master of its own destiny as they believe it's it's own entity. 

Reducing it all to Jocks hating the English is s self fulfilling fantasy.

It plays a part,  not as much as people think but I am sure it plays a part.  Sturgeon for one has hate in her heart and that is infectious unfortunately.  Also,  she wants to join the EU to be independent of England but still use the pound.  Odd.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

12 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Thanks,  ok I see.  Hmm.  but don't you need a bank to join the EU and I don't mean Scottish Widows.

Yes, what Scotland would do for currency in this scenario has never been satisfactorily explained. 

My understanding is that they would be required to adopt the Euro (as per EU regulations for all ‘new’ entrants) but the SNP don’t want to have to admit this as it would potentially unpopular. 

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

What on earth is this nonsense? Have a word with yourself.

She would take them independent even if she knew they would all be poorer IMO,  nothing will stop her and that makes her a very dangerous woman for the people of Scotland and the UK as a whole,  currently in politics anything can happen and it could happen as with Brexit by accident and that would be shameful.

My view on her wont change,  the whole idea of it is madness but she gets away with it becasue of Brexit.  

50 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As I repeatedly say, I am a cynic in politics so I assume that it's the direction of the political wind that dictated what's stupid or not rather than cold hard facts.

This goes for both Scotland Independence and Brexit.

Nick Boles was allowed to talk for about 10 minutes on Channel 4 News last night on how he considers both Johnson and Corbyn 'morally unfit for office', without anyone mentioning that he literally ran Johnson's leadership campaign in 2016. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

She would take them independent even if she knew they would all be poorer IMO,  nothing will stop her and that makes her a very dangerous woman for the people of Scotland and the UK as a whole,  currently in politics anything can happen and it could happen as with Brexit by accident and that would be shameful.

Fine. That makes her an incoherent, idealistic politician. Like most of them.

None of that means she has "hate in her heart" for goodness' sake.

55 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Don't do this. The SNP don't hate England. They just want Scotland to be master of its own destiny as they believe it's it's own entity. 

Reducing it all to Jocks hating the English is s self fulfilling fantasy.

You wouldn't think it as all she cares about is Scotland. She does t ever praise the UK as a whole.

Can't stand her

• Like 1

I don't really see the logic of not wanting to be part of the United Kingdom, stating a desire to be part of a European Union instead.  Surely Scotland has for more trade and other things with the rest of the UK than Europe.  They also lost seats in the 2017 election after the Brexit referendum which seems to go against their narrative.  Not to mention they have to go through the ball ache of negotiating with both us and the EU. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You wouldn't think it as all she cares about is Scotland. She does t ever praise the UK as a whole.

Can't stand her

She's a nationalist politician. Her job is basically to go on about Scotland. I've never got the impression any of the SNP frontline figures hate England in all honesty. Perhaps Salmond but I think that was more down to him being a clearing in the woods than any great conviction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Fine. That makes her an incoherent, idealistic politician. Like most of them.

None of that means she has "hate in her heart" for goodness' sake.

I concede that point 🙂,  maybe a bit OTT.  We will see but I don't trust her,  she is not whiter than white then,  can we agree on that 😌