January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't claim to be ITK but read this from reliable source so take it as you will. 

Aston Villa are looking to sign [insert previously relevant PL player on high wages who can't get a game] but face stiff competition from [insert Newcastle and other lower table and relegation threatened teams].

Obviously I was referring to Drinkwater 😏 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Uninspired by Drinkwater, but if we have got a decent loan deal I hope he can do a job to replace McGinn for a few months.  Smells like an emergency stopgap, rather than a long term one.

secure a bunch of loans and buy a top striker, that seems to be the message at the moment which would be a fantastic way to do this window I think. We're going to need all the money we can get to secure a real striker who's got it all, only way to do that maybe loans in other positions and add quality that way.

I'm down for it if it saves our season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Where has Law tweeted about Piatek? I can't find it

sorry it was a link to the telegraph news article where piatek and defrel were mentioned

If we end up with Drinkwater, Benteke and Glenn Murray :crylaugh:as our transfer business this month we deserve to go down and everyone involved deserve to get sacked.

Adam Johnson will be sitting at home waiting for his phone to ring.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The ol premier league chance for him, he joins us, scores a ton and keeps our prem season alive for next season, he's not only increased in value but he's wanted by the bigger clubs as well.

Good smart move for a player who knows he can fit right in and be a hit, by what everyone's saying it sounds as though he knows he could do the job here.

I'll trust whatever everyone is saying and go along and say yeah bring him in, I do not know anything about him.

He had a shit 6 months and they signed Ibra, that's why.

I'm a big fan of his but it just feels like last season when he scored 958 goals was a one off. 

Then again, all of Milan are poor this season so maybe he still has it.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

We've also asked Palace about Benteke from what Matt Law has said, but they want to bring in another striker first.

Drinkwater I can vaguely understand. Benteke would be madness 

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He had a shit 6 months and they signed Ibra, that's why.

I'm a big fan of his but it just feels like last season when he scored 958 goals was a one off. 

Then again, all of Milan are poor this season so maybe he still has it.

That is a heck alot of goals for one player in one season lol.

Should imagine he'd be worth a few billion scoring that many.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

If we're signing two strikers as Smith as said we might they aren't going to be both big name signings, one of them will either be a young prospect that we can get for cheap, or an older experienced player surplus to requirments at their current club, such as someone like Benteke or Murray, both of whom would be good cover until the end of the season.

Edited by useless