Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Has that been witnessed recently at these marches?

It’s reported as over 300,000 on that London march, I’d expect there was probably trouble at various places. I know there were videos of groups of fascists trying to pick off stragglers and goading people in to **** off back home and I’d be sure there were equally low IQ people on the march being equally horrible.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Has that been witnessed recently at these marches?

The Metropolitan Police have been accused of allowing Central London to become a 'no-go zone' for Jews after thousands of people marched in support of Palestine with some seen carrying effigies of dead babies and chanting 'globalise the Intifada.'

Yesterday's demonstrations marked the third week in a row that the capital has been consumed by the Middle East protests and was marred by several shocking incidents. 

In full view of police officers, protesters chanted for the massacre of Jews, bounced effigies of dead babies on flags and called for 'global intifadas.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12685029/When-Met-crackdown-Islamists-hijacking-pro-Palestine-marches-Fury-extremists-carry-effigies-dead-babies-chant-globalise-Intifada-massive-rally-Londons-streets.html

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

How about hanging a flag up, why would the police get involved in that?  

Anyone hanging a birmingham city flag up should be arrested and sectioned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think what illegal activity they may miss on the march due to sheer numbers they’re compensating for by doing house calls asking people to remove Palestinian flags from the windows on their private property.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Obviously if they were chanting "Slaughter the Jews", that's problematic. But chanting about "Global Intifada", while maybe disturbing to some people, doesn't violate any speech laws in the UK, does it? And the bloodied baby effigies are clearly depicting dead Palestinian babies, so I'm not sure what law that violates either. Seems reasonable, if shocking, for a street demonstration against a bombing campaign that is killing innocent people.

When effigies of dead babies are more offensive to the general public and media outlets than actual dead babies, we've got a real psychological disconnect going on.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Goody gum drops.

I particularly like the idea that people very pointedly aren't breaking the law, therefore the law must change.

**** odious word removed.

Yeah, i was reading about this over the weekend. Apparently 'extremisim' isn't covered by existing legislation!

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Yeah, i was reading about this over the weekend. Apparently 'extremisim' isn't covered by existing legislation!

I don't trust anyone in the political classes to define that. We'll end up with the ridiculous situation that Labour ended up with the antisemitism definition, except it'll be an actual society wide law.

• Like 3

It's certainly more fuel to the fire on the notion of our country becoming an ever more closed society. Some people genuinely seem to welcome the lurch towards the sanctity of Law, Morality and Religeon and away from the moral universalism that defines an open society.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The police get a tough rap, but i think they did a great job keeping villa fans safe last night. No injuries to any fans, no fights after ko or after game. The polish fans removed after kick off.

Great job west midlands police 👏

Be a nice move from the club to lay on some hospitality for the police that went through it all to keep us safe and allow the game to continue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The police get a tough rap, but i think they did a great job keeping villa fans safe last night. No injuries to any fans, no fights after ko or after game. The polish fans removed after kick off.

Great job west midlands police 👏

Well said mate. Superb job in a very difficult situation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Be a nice move from the club to lay on some hospitality for the police that went through it all to keep us safe and allow the game to continue. 

I think thats a brilliant idea personally 

@OutByEaster?

Anyone at the club you can make this suggestion for? 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Jesus Christ, this is unbelievable 

Norfolk Police has referred itself to the independent watchdog, saying it did not respond to a 999 call from a house where a family was later found dead.

An emergency call was made from a man in a house in Costessey, near Norwich, at 06:00 GMT on Friday. Police resources were not deployed.

Officers later forced entry to the property at 07:15 and found the bodies of a man, woman and two young girls.

The force has referred itself to the Independent Office of Police Conduct.

It is the second referral the force has made to the IOPC following the deaths.

Police forced entry to the house in Allan Bedford Crescent following a call from a member of the public.

The force has confirmed its officers were also called to the same house on 14 December as part of a missing persons inquiry and said that particular investigation would now be re-examined.

link

Â