Cameron Archer

Zatman

Bring him back and let Unai have a look at him. If we need to loan him out again then I’d hope we get him a stint at another premier league club, we need to test him at a higher level. He’s been fantastic for Boro and PNE, regardless of the last two games. I’m still hopeful he’ll make it at Villa, but if not we’ll at least get a decent profit on him. 

• Like 4

Is he allowed to play for us in our last 2 games, or does the terms of the loan mean he is there officially until the end of the season?

Meaning he can't play for us even though their season is over?

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Another season on Loan to Boro in Championship or he is given a chance at Villa. 

I don't see what another loan in championship would achieve. We know in regular season he is more than proven at that level.

If we have to do another loan I'd be offering him to Sheffield United as he could get a nice partnership going with Ndiaye. Don't think he'd be a terrible pick up for Burnley either.

Would prefer to see him get a proper chance here and get the minutes Ings was getting up to January next season but we probably can't play him and Ollie without significantly impacting on the balance.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I don't see what another loan in championship would achieve. We know in regular season he is more than proven at that level.

If we have to do another loan I'd be offering him to Sheffield United as he could get a nice partnership going with Ndiaye. Don't think he'd be a terrible pick up for Burnley either.

Would prefer to see him get a proper chance here and get the minutes Ings was getting up to January next season but we probably can't play him and Ollie without significantly impacting on the balance.

Maybe Luton if they come up will take him on loan after signing Naka

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He has to go abroad if its another loan and will do him a world of good. I think people are overhyping him that we can easily farm him out to a Premier League club

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has to go abroad if its another loan and will do him a world of good. I think people are overhyping him that we can easily farm him out to a Premier League club

Yeah after seeing the laat few games he hasnt look as good as i hoped.

Hoping its just the poor form of boro thats effecting the team as a whole

10 hours ago, Junxs said:

Is he allowed to play for us in our last 2 games, or does the terms of the loan mean he is there officially until the end of the season?

Meaning he can't play for us even though their season is over?

No mate, he can’t play for us this season. 

Edit. It’s nothing to do with the loan agreement, it’s the player registration windows. He registered as a their player until the next window 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Maybe a loan to Vitoria? Or some Dutch or Belgium team.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe a loan to Vitoria? Or some Dutch or Belgium team.

Balogun has got 19 goals in Ligue 1 and thats probably a more competitive league than Portugal/Netherlands

I would prefer try get him a loan to France or Bundesliga

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

No mate, he can’t play for us this season. 

Edit. It’s nothing to do with the loan agreement, it’s the player registration windows. He registered as a their player until the next window 

he is 21 if he is under 21 so he is allowed to play for us even player registration windows according to these rules. after Jan 2001, he was allowed to play as he born Dec 2001 without player registration.

on the premier league website. https://www.premierleague.com/news/102383

"Rules on U21 players
Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. 

Each player is assigned a squad number, which they wear during Premier League matches.

For the 2022/23 campaign, Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 2001."

wait it mean before jan 2001 if yes mean he can't play or jan 2002 for next year - 2023/24??

depend on the agreement with the loan, June or end of the season with Boro, end of the season of wholes? 

He can be back and training with us so give unai emery to prepare him for tactical etc and watch on him closer in training, also pre-season more time before he decision with Archer.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
link for rules

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Balogun has got 19 goals in Ligue 1 and thats probably a more competitive league than Portugal/Netherlands

I would prefer try get him a loan to France or Bundesliga

The only reason we’d loan him abroad is if we were wanting to sell him. 

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

He won't play ahead of Watkins

He won't but pretty sure Duran replaced Ollie after 75 minutes in a game in last 6 weeks. That's the minutes Archer should be getting. Let's say a couple of times in August he comes on at 1-0 or 2-0 up and adds a goal at the end then that's the chance we can rest Ollie for the odd game and start Archer especially if we're playing three times a week with europe.

Archer's minutes for us this season were 10 minutes at Bournemouth when 2-0 down,  10 minutes at Bolton in the cup, injury time v West Ham, 10 minutes at Forest, 10 minutes at Fulham, 10 minutes v Brentford and a few minutes at Brighton.

So restricted to 10 minute cameos in many games when we'd played terribly and had just given up in the game, He needs regular 20-30 minute cameos in first month of next season and take it from there.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

He'll be moved on

we are moving to another level

I mean this may happen but what a shame it would be not give a hot prospect academy player a chance? Doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully we'll get another look at him.

• Like 3

Just now, birdman said:

I mean this may happen but what a shame it would be not give a hot prospect academy player a chance? Doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully we'll get another look at him.

Emery will take a decent look at him in pre-season.

But we might have no choice but to sell him if the Barcelona journalist reports are true and we're skint 🤣

• Haha 2

Seen a bit of him and Boro lately - I don't think he's of the standard we need. Think his ceiling will be star in the championship but not quite good enough for a decent prem team. I'd sell now for decent whack if we can get it as it'll be pure FFP profit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think we all would love an academy product making it with us.

But conversely, we need to keep those expectations temperate. I said the same things in the Iroegbunam and Philogene threads. If they are to make it in the prem - they need to be dominating the championship. JJ would be tearing apart championship teams.

There's a balance between development and deciding when it's best to cash in given their ceiling. What is Archer's ceiling? You'd hope something like Ings.

In the ideal scenario - we make Europe and bring Archer back so he gets plenty of reps in the cup games and even in Europe. He's not going to be better than Watkins in the prem games, but even seeing him in the Villa XI against other competition might be a good final evaluation.

So he didnt do well in the playoffs, he still banged in 11 goals for them to get them there in the first place.  Rather we keep him but another loan is no point so just sell him if Emery doesnt see him as part of his plans. 

Â