Cameron Archer

Zatman

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This bloke knows less about the going ons at Aston Villa than my mum, and she still thinks Andy Gray is up top for us.

He was on a podcast before Gerrards first game and he said he'd heard Ashley Young was going to potentially play as a number 10. He was laughed out of the building and then come that Saturday Ashley Young was subbed on and played as a 10.

I'm not saying he knows everything or anything like that, no journalist does, but to suggest he's completely clueless is clearly wrong. He definitely has some contacts at the club and it's completely plausible that the clubs plan with Archer has changed as well, hence the differing reports.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

If he is going to go out on loan, why not Sunderland?  They're in the Championship and if they spend wisely they could be an immediate contender to come up.

Or back to Preston come to think of it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I think its his execution of the goals,he scores, is the essence of his ability.....not necessarily his numbers...sure numbers matter, but its more about "How" he scores.

If you watch his technique, carefully, there is a message in there.

I will be really surprised, if he doesn't make it.

Yes he has that killer instinct which is rare. Saw it with a young John Deehan when he first broke into the side. 

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Will he be given much of a chance in pre season? Watkins and Ings will take most of the mins 

If we play 2 up top in pre season then he will get plenty of minutes.

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Will he be given much of a chance in pre season? Watkins and Ings will take most of the mins 

Yes, far more rotation and subs, unless Gerrard does pre season different to everyone else

Doubt anyone will play a full 90 in oz

On 16/06/2022 at 10:23, RichiBoi11 said:

If we're looking to play two up top next season then I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be here. Even if a new striker comes in, it makes sense to have 4. Also having 5 subs next season will open more doors for the likes of Archer than in previous seasons.

What makes you think we're looking to play two up top?

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Because we played our best football last season when we moved to two up top. So it'll definitely be played next season along with the 4 3 2 1 formation 

• Thanks 1

On 16/06/2022 at 09:51, RichiBoi11 said:

He definitely has some contacts at the club and it's completely plausible that the clubs plan with Archer has changed as well, hence the differing reports

Absolutely, I think people are laughing at him mostly as his opening sentence in that new tweet was “Aston Villa’s stance hasn’t changed” before presenting the changed stance :)

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 12:46, Tom13 said:

The fact Gerrard regularly played two up tip for most of the 2nd half of the season and half the games where he didn't Ings wasn't available 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It's really shameful clickbait from the Birmingham Mail - using an unrelated Everton transfer to make it look like we are selling Archer for £20m.

The stuff is all shameful clickbait. I can’t tell you how many articles that got wrong. I mean just basic facts like they listed us having one owner on richest list in the prem. They no quality control at all

Edited by Villa_Stateside
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would be good for both parties IMO

I wouldn't mind keeping him around either but if they plan to send him out then...

Screenshot_20220619-005539_Facebook-min.jpg

Norwich would be a terrible move for him.

Watford would too tbh.

• Like 1

Cameron Archer is that rare striker .... an instinctive finisher who comes alive in the box.

He's not a player who will add to the physicality, or possession stats,  but if he's given the right service he will score goals.

Gerrard will have to look at the amount of improvement that his signings this summer bring to our attacking play, before deciding whether CA should be part of the match day squad or go out on a good quality loan.

The way we played last season will not provide the right service to Archer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Norwich would be a terrible move for him.

Watford would too tbh.

Norwich are usually at and/or around the top ain't they?

OBS haven't watched them loads but thought they would also okay decent football.

Why do you reckon it would be terrible? Due to Pukki etc?

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Norwich are usually at and/or around the top ain't they?

OBS haven't watched them loads but thought they would also okay decent football.

Why do you reckon it would be terrible? Due to Pukki etc?

Yes we would expect Norwich & Watford to be towards the top of the league, but.....

Norwich have Pukki, probably one of the most proven top level Championship strikers, and Norwich play 1 striker.

Watford currently have Dennis, King, Hernandez & Pedro who can play the forward position(s).

Archer needs to go somewhere where he plays week in, week out, if that means going to a team somewhere in the top half, rather than a "top 2 team" where he gets less games/minutes, i would send him to another team every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

If he can get a team challenging for top 6, where he regularly plays, great, but i really wouldnt send him out to some clubs if it means he may not get the game time, and by consequence, less experience and may stall.

The lad needs minutes, lots of them, at the highest level he can, its a balancing act, and i just dont think Norwich or Watford would be a wise move for his development.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yes we would expect Norwich & Watford to be towards the top of the league, but.....

Norwich have Pukki, probably one of the most proven top level Championship strikers, and Norwich play 1 striker.

Watford currently have Dennis, King, Hernandez & Pedro who can play the forward position(s).

Archer needs to go somewhere where he plays week in, week out, if that means going to a team somewhere in the top half, rather than a "top 2 team" where he gets less games/minutes, i would send him to another team every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

If he can get a team challenging for top 6, where he regularly plays, great, but i really wouldnt send him out to some clubs if it means he may not get the game time, and by consequence, less experience and may stall.

The lad needs minutes, lots of them, at the highest level he can, its a balancing act, and i just dont think Norwich or Watford would be a wise move for his development.

Would like to see him at QPR or Huddersfield for this exact reason. 

He would walk into both those sides, would start every game and there is a good chance both will be operating at the top end of the league next season. 

• Like 1

Â