Cameron Archer

Zatman

Can't see him getting many minutes if he stays with us, not with Watkins and Ings being ahead of him . You can add Bailey and Beundia as well to the list who will get on in front of him as well. 

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

What's wrong with what he wrote? I'm not sure what you are complaining about?

The tweets are also two months apart. Here's a novel idea - he received the original info in April and reported it. He then received slightly different info in June and reported that too.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Gregg contradicting himself and hedging his bets

Now:

Please explain how he is hedging his bets hahaha. Some of the shit you read on here about Gregg.

The first Gerrard said he would need a big offer to sell him to PNE if they wanted him back next season. Gregg is summarising what Gerrard said and links his comments. Damn you Gregg for reporting what our manager said about Archer

The next article is months later and about Gerrard will assess Archer in pre season and make a decision. It reports Watford are keen on him. 

So Gregg as a reporter has reported the news he has. *gasp*

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The tweets are also two months apart. Here's a novel idea - he received the original info in April and reported it. He then received slightly different info in June and reported that too.

He quoted the info source in his first tweet, Gerrard saying to get out the noughts if they want him back next season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tinker said:

Can't see him getting many minutes if he stays with us, not with Watkins and Ings being ahead of him . You can add Bailey and Beundia as well to the list who will get on in front of him as well. 

If he’s good enough he will get minutes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

If he’s good enough he will get minutes.

That’s always the case with players. People need to realise we’re not a training organisation dedicated to the advancement of young players. Yes that’s an important factor but teams and especially managers, live or die on results. 

People screaming to give young players minutes on the pitch, are unlikely to be so enthusiastic if we are falling down the table. This is particularly relevant to a team that has a weak underbelly and has a relatively young squad that needs more experienced players for balance. 

The issue with what Greg said was that he said our stand hasn't changed... but then he reported a different stance from what he'd said previously. Other than that, he's just reporting the info he has. 

I'd be mad if we sold him, although I don't for one second think Gerrard was being serious suggesting preston could buy him. 

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The club ain't selling him

Every player has a price. I think it's next to impossible anyone would pay the amount of money required for us to sell him though.

• Like 1

If we're looking to play two up top next season then I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be here. Even if a new striker comes in, it makes sense to have 4. Also having 5 subs next season will open more doors for the likes of Archer than in previous seasons.

On 13/06/2022 at 23:15, useless said:

Pretty much every striker that's had a run of games for England at U21 level scores goals, the opposition aren't great, three of England U21's top four goal scorers are Nketiah, Berahino, and Solanke, pretty sure not many would take any of those.

That's not to put Archer down, just that we shouldn't read too much into him scoring in these games when it comes to deciding whether he's ready for our first team or not, also in the Championship last season his goal scoring record wasn't actually much better than Davis', in fact Davis had a better goals to minutes ratio, again not putting Archer down, can view that as more of compliment to Davis.

It's not just about whether he's ready for our first team either, it's about whether it would be well unfair to keep him with us as third choice when he could be getting invaluable experience elsewhere, have to remember he didn't play much at Solihull and only joined Preston second half last season, so for someone who will turn 21 next season he doesn't have a lot of first team experience, needs to be getting as much as possible next season.

I think its his execution of the goals,he scores, is the essence of his ability.....not necessarily his numbers...sure numbers matter, but its more about "How" he scores.

If you watch his technique, carefully, there is a message in there.

I will be really surprised, if he doesn't make it.

• Like 3

On 15/06/2022 at 10:27, CarryOnVilla said:

Sunderland???

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862q1dqwn71yww5iabjp

If he is going to go out on loan, why not Sunderland?  They're in the Championship and if they spend wisely they could be an immediate contender to come up.

Â