Match Thread: Crewe v Villa

limpid

League cup 2nd round against a lower league side and we're up 3-0 at half time with the game pretty much wrapped up. Makes a change, love it. 

I really hope Ramsey or Archer get 30 minutes or so, would be good to see. 

Hardly ever coming out of crawl gear, and 3-0 it is!

I'd be tempted to put on Grealish, he'd have such a field day out there. 😄

However, all for playing at least one youngster and taking off Jota. He ran himself ragged friday, and need to be up for the weekend.

Nakamba looks a very good player, Davis and Jota both doing excellently  as well. Hopefully get to see Archer and Ramsey in the second half, never seen Archer play before so have no idea what to expect.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He doesn't get hate.

In fact, tonight is testament to pretty much what we are all saying. He isn't a defensive midfielder, he is competition for Mcginn and Grealish in a role that is further forward. 

I'd also argue he offers something Grealish lacks like presence on the box and shots. But he obviously lacks in other departments.  Either way it's one of those nice problems. 

Such a contrast to our game in the cup last season when we went out. Anyone remember us trying to go route one to RHM and Hogan 'cos we had no other ideas how to play football. So great to know that all the players are all playing a certain way and have clearly been prepped on how to play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Nakamba looks a very good player, Davis and Jota both doing excellently  as well. Hopefully get to see Archer and Ramsey in the second half, never seen Archer play before so have no idea what to expect.

You didn’t see him bowl at Headingley?

• Haha 2