Match Thread: Crewe v Villa

limpid

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Cuz he was shit under Bruce, but so were many others. Been excellent under Smith.

14 goals & 8 assists in 76 appearances under Bruce

7 goals & 8 assists in 35 appearances under Smith

Not much difference goals wise at least, goal every 4.62 games under Bruce compared to every 4.32 games under Smith but he has also averaged an extra 3 mins per game under Smith which could account for this as it is an extra 90+ minutes over the 35 games

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

How's Marv played ?

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He’s a bit like Makoun but with bite. He turns the ball over really well, really crisp slide-rule passes. Quite undramatic, just ticking over

Yeah looked effective without being flashy, played a couple of nice forward passes also.

Been impressed so far, looks like he's playing within himself also, as if he has more in his locker.

Odd really, we are playing in slow motion most of the time, dont know if the pitch is slippy or overly hard but the ball is bouncing like astro turf.

Some very slow build up play which has got us in a spot of bother as crewe pushed on, some jota ball play and CH positioning is what got us the 3_0 .

Davies bless him looks not good, wins the ball and a good deal of the time he walks it into players or poor pass unless a player is 2 yards from him. He needs to start shooting earlier rather than confusing himself with step overs, theres a decent player in there he just needs to relax and I'm sure it will come together.

Edited by brummybloke

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Such a contrast to our game in the cup last season when we went out. Anyone remember us trying to go route one to RHM and Hogan 'cos we had no other ideas how to play football. So great to know that all the players are all playing a certain way and have clearly been prepped on how to play.

Yep. We are completely unrecognisable from that team; more specifically, style, system and gameplay (obv personnel have changed)

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think we should risk anymore of the 1st Team coming on with Palace coming up. The middle 3 all need minutes so I would look at giving the youngsters the last 2 subs. 

Aye. Lets do this 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

3-0 is a dangerous lead. Don't get complacent 

I think we'll be good mate

edit: and as I wrote that Hause messes up majorly. ok please focus at least?!

Edited by osmark86