Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Exactly this. In a world where Rice is worth £105 million Doug is £150 million easy

Fundamentally there are only 2 players in world football that are better than him at what he does in terms of production on both sides of the ball are rodri and Bellingham and to me rodri is the best player in the world and Bellingham isn't that far behind. Outside fo the very tippy top players he's him. And he can play in any midfield role. 

You can't buy anyone better than him so if you want to buy him you better be paying like he's the best in the world. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

If he was to leave us it will be for Real Madrid for over £100m. 

Doubtful. They got Camavinga, Tchouameni, Valverde and Bellingham. 

I suppose they could play Bellingham upfront and Valverde RW and play Dougie. But idk seems a bit odd. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Doubtful. They got Camavinga, Tchouameni, Valverde and Bellingham. 

I suppose they could play Bellingham upfront and Valverde RW and play Dougie. But idk seems a bit odd. 

They still have Kroos and Modric who are both starting. They’re going to need replacing soon enough. I’d also put Luiz above Tchouameni and Camavinga at the moment. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

He's better than declan rice so I'd be quoting 150 at them. 

in some ways ye, but Luiz isnt being w**ked over every 5 mins by the sky sh*tty pundits, so they arent driving up his value day in day out like they were Rice.

while i agree Luiz is superb, he isnt getting the handcream treatment that Rice, Caicedo and Fernandez got.

How strange we crack top four and then all of a sudden Liverpool, City and Arsenal all want him.

We won’t sell him in January, not a chance. If we sell him in the summer it will cost someone a lot of money. I hope we keep hold of him and if we can qualify for CL I don’t see why he would want to go.

10 minutes ago, Adman said:

I've said it before,  but I'm terrified he's got a release clause in his contract.  I don't know why else he would have signed it after us blocking the move to arsenal he supposedly wanted.

My concern too. If he left us in January that could seriously derail us. We aren’t buying better. 

16 minutes ago, Adman said:

I've said it before,  but I'm terrified he's got a release clause in his contract.  I don't know why else he would have signed it after us blocking the move to arsenal he supposedly wanted.

Didn't he post on social media recently regarding Arsenal speculation "They can buy me on FIFA" #AVFC

I think the blocking move to Arsenal was usual transfer rumour bollocks. 

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't he post on social media recently regarding Arsenal speculation "They can buy me on FIFA" #AVFC

I think the blocking move to Arsenal was usual transfer rumour bollocks. 

We rejected three bids on or close to deadline day.  

Need to get him tied down for longer, contract ends in 2026. Doubt we’d let him go next summer but summer 2025 we’d have to sell if he doesn’t renew. 

if we can get him tied down until 2028 or 2029 we are in a great position. He’d be 30 or 31 when it expires.

To keep him we need to keep improving - the 'journey' footballing wise from fighting relegation to trying to qualify for the Champions league and competing at the right end of the table will be one that players love.

In January, to a direct rival, given the summer's prices for quality centre midfielders - it'd have to be an obscene amount of money. I don't think we'd consider less than £100m and I think we'd be asking for a lot more than that. Unless there's a clause, I think January can be ruled out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To keep him we need to keep improving - the 'journey' footballing wise from fighting relegation to trying to qualify for the Champions league and competing at the right end of the table will be one that players love.

In January, to a direct rival, given the summer's prices for quality centre midfielders - it'd have to be an obscene amount of money. I don't think we'd consider less than £100m and I think we'd be asking for a lot more than that. Unless there's a clause, I think January can be ruled out.

Yeah we're entering into the tricky period teams outside the Big 6 suffer from when they do well. Their players attract interest. The problem we face is we can't match the salary on offer from the biggest clubs without Champions League football boosting our profile and the boost on revenue.

For Luiz who's contract is up in 2026. Does he feel like the time is right to make that next step up to teams competing for PL and Champions League. Where he becomes an automatic in the Brazil squad. 

I also don't think we shouldn't discount how beneficial an 80-100m sale would be for us in FFP terms especially in the more stringent European rules. Especially as we have Jack's 100m sale roll off our 3 year accounts for FFP calculations at the end of next season when the 70% squad cost cap comes in for Europe.

I do think we want to keep him however. I just don't think we'll have anything on a contract until summer 2025 when we've had two bites trying to get CL under Emery. He will still hold a lot of value even with 1 year left on contract. 

But overall. People need to accept the way we progress is going to be about squad turnover. Fees coming in for players sold and new players coming in. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Exactly this. In a world where Rice is worth £105 million Doug is £150 million easy

Rice has a bigger reputation and is an English man. This inflates his value. However Rice only had a year left on his contract!

100m is needed just to get us to the negotiating table.

Â