Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

When you are on a pitch and know you have special talents in and around you, those players that can step up and produce when you need them to. Douglas Luiz always seems to do that for us, the one who steps up and says 'I'll do it no problem'. He's done it again today and added another Man of the Match award to his cabinet.

ONLY FIVE PLAYERS HAVE SCORED MORE PREMIER LEAGUE GOALS THAN HIM THIS SEASON. WOULD BE GOOD IF HE COULD GET TO DOUBLE FIGURES, HE'S HALF WAY THERE ALREADY.🇧🇷

Edited by useless
I've no idea how managed to get the flag that big
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Unai was talking about how he was slightly angry with him after he scored 2 goals as he thought he was too relaxed out there.

If this was Ten Hag saying this then there would be players all over twitter conplaining there like Sancho.  But u know Dougie will take it the right way. Because everyone respects him and everyone knows that their best chance of silverware and success is following unais orders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If this was Ten Hag saying this then there would be players all over twitter conplaining there like Sancho.  But u know Dougie will take it the right way. Because everyone respects him and everyone knows that their best chance of silverware and success is following unais orders. 

Also he's completely fair and isn't singling everyone out or trying to make an example of someone. It's all about the betterment of the team.

Regarding the Villa Park goals stat, I think we’re talking premier league records there. Yorke managed 5 in a row at Villa Park in 1996/97.

Prior to that, in 1991/92 Yorke also scored in 8 consecutive Villa Park matches (all league games, like in 96/97). 

Don’t know if that is the record.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Regarding the Villa Park goals stat, I think we’re talking premier league records there. Yorke managed 5 in a row at Villa Park in 1996/97.

Prior to that, in 1991/92 Yorke also scored in 8 consecutive Villa Park matches (all league games, like in 96/97). 

Don’t know if that is the record.

And David Platt managed something similar in 1989/90.  I’m sure I remember Martin Tyler saying it was 8 games in a row  at Villa Park when Platt scored on Boxing Day against Manchester United.

Â