Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, Rich_H said:

I feel like that doesn’t matter, they just need an agreement in principal and paperwork filed? Sure there has been some last minute transfers before with medicals done the next day, might be wrong though. 

I’m hoping he stays and signs a new deal once Stevie is out the door. 

Can only think Arsenal are putting it in his head we rate you and will be back in January if you stay professional.

Can't see Luiz signing a new deal but let's hope he at least remains committed and gives 100% when he gets out on the pitch as we're going to need him to win some games over next two months.

Over last 6 weeks our midfield has descended into a farce and we only have ourselves to blame, just made some disappointing strategic calls.

Edited by VillaChris

I reckon the only reason we turned it down was because we couldn't get a decent replacement in.  25 mill for a really average player, in the last year of his contract, is a really dumb decision.  Poor end to the transfer window. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, STO said:

I reckon the only reason we turned it down was because we couldn't get a decent replacement in.  25 mill for a really average player, in the last year of his contract, is a really dumb decision.  Poor end to the transfer window. 

We said he wasn’t for sale - how is that the case? So we should just roll over for them? 

Just now, The_Steve said:

We said he wasn’t for sale - how is that the case? So we should just roll over for them? 

How is what the case?  No, we don't roll over for anyone. Absolutely, but this is a business decision and we have just lost 25 mill on a bang average player.  I appreciate that others rate Douglas, but unless he signs a contract, which he won't, then we have just lost money.  

Under normal circumstances I don't think there's anyway we would be turning down £25m for a player of Luiz's ability, with less than a year left on their current deal, and that player supposedly wanting to leave. So I think there's more to this whole thing than meets the eye.

• Like 1

Â