Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Legit Googled this to find Newcastle Womens Football hotties as banter rebuttal to this.... Alisha came up first 🤔😮

Has she rigged the system? 😂

Screenshot_20220628-010420_Google-min.jpg

The return of the lovely ladies thread 🙌

• Haha 1

If Luiz stays I can see him getting games at 6 and 8 next season. I think in the 4 3 2 1 formation the compactness of the midfield means the midfield 3 are more flat vs the 4 3 1 2 which is more of a midfield diamond with a CDM, two 8s and a 10. 

Away at City we played JJ Luiz McGinn and we played very well. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can he play 90 minutes without looking like he is going to collapse now?

I am sure France wouldn't have capped him if that was the case 😉

He ia much superior to Sanson and McGinn in that position and I rate Sanson 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure France wouldn't have capped him if that was the case 😉

He ia much superior to Sanson and McGinn in that position and I rate Sanson 

Brazil capped Wesley so stranger things have happened. I haven’t seen him play so I’ll take your word for it but he was awful when he played for us. Obviously many other reasons for that but I just can’t believe how off the pace he was fitness wise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is going to stay. The power of punani will make him stay. Trust me. He isnt going to run off to Newcastle with Alisha here in Brum.

I would be asking the question about what womens football is like in Italy, in particular Rome

Not sure what formation they play or how frequently they score...but, it looks like this;):

image.jpeg.64018d69c6e43473e7e0d1db486611a7.jpeg Highlights of Roma's Historic 3-2 Derby Victory Over Lazio - Chiesa Di Totti image.jpeg.ad5b31ed5d49bf3d081a3ee911d3d868.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Brazil capped Wesley so stranger things have happened. I haven’t seen him play so I’ll take your word for it but he was awful when he played for us. Obviously many other reasons for that but I just can’t believe how off the pace he was fitness wise.

He was having personal problems that were documented. Think he had a new baby and the club offered little support 

Leicester wanted him that season and had just signed Kante the same summer to play next to him

He also got 5 assists in 24 games considering we only scored 27 goals also he wasnt really that bad 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was having personal problems that were documented. Think he had a new baby and the club offered little support 

Leicester wanted him that season and had just signed Kante the same summer to play next to him

He also got 5 assists in 24 games considering we only scored 27 goals also he wasnt really that bad 

Fair enough. He was still shit ;)

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

If Luiz stays I can see him getting games at 6 and 8 next season. I think in the 4 3 2 1 formation the compactness of the midfield means the midfield 3 are more flat vs the 4 3 1 2 which is more of a midfield diamond with a CDM, two 8s and a 10. 

Away at City we played JJ Luiz McGinn and we played very well. 

......for 70 minutes......sadly the game is about 90+

but we are working on that.

12 hours ago, MrBlack said:

There are definitely a few that think he's shit and has no place in our squad. I'm talking to those. Not the fence sitters or the people that think he's good. 

My understanding to that reference, is folk who rate some of his attributes and don't rate his other work.

personally, I would not describe that as a "fence sitter", who in my mind is a fan who can't make up his mind......I can certainly make up my mind on him, as I have explained.

We need to put a nailed on points scorer into to Douglas Luiz's position. It seems clear that he doesn't see his future at VP, so his commitment if he stays for one more season has to be called into question.

I've looked at the "points possibilities" of those players who could play alongside Boubacar Kamara and come up with a brief rundown of key contributions last season.

2021/2022 season.

The base line is Douglas Luiz's own stats .... goals scored 2, assists 3.

Jacob Ramsey .... goals scored 5, assists 1.

John McGinn .... goals scored 3, assists 4.

Tomas Soucek .... goals scored 5, assists 1.

Conor Gallagher .... goals scored 8, assists 3.

James Ward Prowse .... goals scored 10 (4 penalties), assists 5.

On the basis that goals and assists can add to a teams points total, we need to factor the added (possible total points) value into filling the key position of CM. We need the roundest peg we can afford for this very round hole.

Edited by villabromsgrove
2021/2022

45 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We need to put a nailed on points scorer into to Douglas Luiz's position. It seems clear that he doesn't see his future at VP, so his commitment if he stays for one more season has to be called into question.

I've looked at the "points possibilities" of those players who could play alongside Boubacar Kamara and come up with a brief rundown of key contributions last season.

2021/2022 season.

On the basis that goals and assists can add to a teams points total, we need to factor the added (possible total points) value into filling the key position of CM. We need the roundest peg we can afford for this very round hole.

Should be noted that he's been playing as the deepest lying midfielder.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

2021/2022 season.

Of those only Soucek played in a sitting position like Luiz did.

Compare with Fred, Kanté or Fernandinho would be more correct.

• Like 1

Â