Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

maybe they do want him but they dont want to pay anything for him, so they are making their interest "public" to help him decide not to sign another contract......

who knows.

could be.

so he joins Carney, in the bomb squad?

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

could be.

so he joins Carney, in the bomb squad?

who knows what Gerrard will do.

Personally though, if Chuk Jr and Luiz refuse to sign contracts, i would try to sell Chuk Jr or failing that bomb him to the u18s (you can have a couple of over ages players in the u18s cant you? - although im sure that wouldnt be beneficial to the u18s, in that instance i would have him training but not playing any games at all), Luiz i would try to sell, or failing that put as a bench warmer (only used when really, really needed - aka i would use him behind pretty much anyone else available who isnt terrible).

If we couldnt sell Luiz, i would even go as far as having him training only also, zero games.

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who knows what Gerrard will do.

Personally though, if Chuk Jr and Luiz refuse to sign contracts, i would try to sell Chuk Jr or failing that bomb him to the u18s (you can have a couple of over ages players in the u18s cant you? - although im sure that wouldnt be beneficial to the u18s, in that instance i would have him training but not playing any games at all), Luiz i would try to sell, or failing that put as a bench warmer (only used when really, really needed - aka i would use him behind pretty much anyone else available who isnt terrible).

If we couldnt sell Luiz, i would even go as far as having him training only also, zero games.

I am a big believer in team spirit and having all the players chomping at the bit, to get a start......This creates a power unit and a central " all for one, one for all" syndrome.

sure not all players will play, but the right ones will be working hard to get in.

I don't want players stinking the place out, with personal issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am a big believer in team spirit and having all the players chomping at the bit, to get a start......This creates a power unit and a central " all for one, one for all" syndrome.

sure not all players will play, but the right ones will be working hard to get in.

I don't want players stinking the place out, with personal issues.

yeah, i know its a little harsh, but to me you are in, or you are out.

If you are out, i would 100% bomb them out to training alone, zero game time, i would put all my effort in to the players who want to be there, and give them the game time also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Really wouldn’t be bothered with him leaving. He really is bang average so if we can improve on him then great. 

I also wouldn’t be too bothered if he left, but I disagree that he’s bang average. 

I think he is a very good footballer, but his strengths are just not suited to the English game. I think he’d thrive in a slower paced league like Italy. 

Luiz has held us back for too long and is bang average on a good day. Slow, poor in the tackle, negative beyond belief and just a legend in his own imagination ..... we need way better than that ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I love the player, an believe he has the talent, but worry he's not focused on his football 100% at the moment, an next season I really doubt he will be any better.  If he goes, he goes.

what on earth is this based on?

i'm not his biggest fan but this is a ridiculous accusation based on absolutely nothing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm not his biggest fan but this is a ridiculous accusation based on absolutely nothing

He's got the talent, we rarely see it. I've seen literally about 5 games last season where he has been quality.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

To be fair, he posts more about his woman and computer games than he does about football. Maybe doesn't say anything on is own, but combine it with a very indifferent level of form you can see where the accusation comes from. 

I put it down to him being played out of position for 2 years and getting fed up with it. 

Edited by MrBlack

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

To be fair, he posts more about his woman and computer games than he does about football. Maybe doesn't say anything on is own, but combine it with a very indifferent level of form you can see where the accusation comes from. 

I put it down to him being played out of position for 2 years and getting fed up with it. 

Outa of curiosity I checked his Instagram and see he has posted pictures of him in a Villa shirt with a caption of Tomorrow I’ll be waiting for you there?

I don’t get the accusations at all. As far as I’m aware he is still contracted to Villa and plays a lot of minutes.  Never seen him not try tbh. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Didn’t Man City sign him as a dm though and it’s a position he’s always played? I think it’s only Villa fans that say he is being played out of position, I’m not sure he has ever said anything

14 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Luiz has held us back for too long and is bang average on a good day. Slow, poor in the tackle, negative beyond belief and just a legend in his own imagination ..... we need way better than that ! 

If only he ran around aimlessly and played a bunch of long balls.

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah that annoying way grown adults make leaps of logic and form strong opinions based on random unrelated bits of information that don't necessarily mean anything.

And often to fit preconcieved ideas!  😄

Tbh, for me, I think maybe Luiz is just lacking in some qualities needed to boss this level—number one being any real pace. He's a good player and has a lot to offer though.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Agreed. I don’t think it’s lack of effort. Issue with Luiz is he’s not good enough to be a 6 and he’s not mobile enough to be an 8 in our system. We’ve progressed and he really hasn’t. Somewhere where the intensity is slower like Serie A could suit him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â