Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Gets quicker stronger more technical and  cleverer with every passing month.  As someone said a few pagesback he is getting Mcgrathesque. He has a 6th sense 

I'd add calmer too

He rarely looks rushed or not in control, keeps the ball when he needs to, gets rid of it when he needs to, it's brilliant watching him turn away from the press

• Like 1

"Well Gareth what do you think of Ezri Konsa's cameo, food for thought I would think?"

"Harry McGuire has never let me down in the the years I have worked with him at international level, he really is that vital not just to the team and the squad in general. He is a popular character in the dressing room as well, well done Harry"

• Haha 3

Konsa has been showing more consistent form since Unai came in, but has been a good Premier league level defender for a long while. This is both very well deserved and a long time coming. I'd love him to do well.

However, I don't think he'll see a minute unless we go 5-0 up at half time against mighty Malta. Southgate will play the usual suspects for nearly the whole game, taking off Henderson and Maguire near the end of the game for Phillips and Guehi.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, I highly doubt Southgate will go from not calling him up to giving him minutes, he's too stubborn and boring, even though Konsa should have been called up a long time ago.

Yeah unlikely but he has done strange things before like calling up replacements and then playing them over players that were already in.

Congratulations to Konsa. I was just saying during the Fulham game he is one of the most underrated, unmentioned great CB’s in the premier league. I also love how he is starting to push forward on the right occasions. He had a fantastic goal against Brentford in the summer series.

I don’t know who the other options are but it’s an absolute disgrace if Maguire starts again considering his club performances of late. I’d get it if it was a minnow Nation or Maguire was some superstar and would always start but England are the 5th ranked team in the world. There is more than enough players to be able to pick players on current form.

Same could be said about Henderson for other reasons. Southgate is a **** idiot! 

Well done Ezri.

• Like 2

here ive just remembered that goal he scored in pre-season when he ran the length of the pitch. Why's he not done that this season?!

wonder how the defenders fouled stats are looking this year. last year he was right up there if I remember correctly and he still seems to be doing that lovely thing where he gets himself between man and ball and draws the foul to alleviate all the pressure on the defence. it is artistic watching him do it

15 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

here ive just remembered that goal he scored in pre-season when he ran the length of the pitch. Why's he not done that this season?!

wonder how the defenders fouled stats are looking this year. last year he was right up there if I remember correctly and he still seems to be doing that lovely thing where he gets himself between man and ball and draws the foul to alleviate all the pressure on the defence. it is artistic watching him do it

He's done it a few times.  Certainly has it in his bag with his pace.  He bombed forward against AZ Alkmaar on Thursday at least once and created a chance, and took a few shots of his own by getting in the mix.  Having both him and Pau that can both progress forward is really nice to have.  Hope to see more of it.

• Like 2

Â