Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

16 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

some reason Konsa again was on the floor

I watched it back and I hadn't noticed at the time, he was fouled, Jota mis kicked and then rolled through his back legs, it was a foul, without it they don't score. 

I don't get the critique he gets. He hasn't kicked on from last season but he has still been good this season imo, bar some seding offs and bookings and unlucky wiht injuries. We didn't concede with him on the pitch. He is still arguably the best defender we have wen it comes to reading the game, one on one, speed, positioning, spotting danger.

Some go on about why Chambers doesn't start instead of Konsa, well despite him not reaching his hights this season it's probably as simple as that Konsa is the better footballer, the better defender. Gerrard and co sees them in training every day and it's probably just obvious that he is better in almost all aspects. I like Chambers and he has got a good pass in him, but compared to Konsa he is slow on the turn, prone to a slip or a half clumsy challenge and is not that fast.

I'd like us to bring in a top quality CB next year, not to replace Konsa but to compete with him.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

42 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

If that's not an ACL tear then we can count ourselves lucky. Get well soon Ezri!

Yeah fingers crossed it's not. But it doesn't look good. I hope it's not ACL if it's a knee injury. Losing him for next season. Can't be sold

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Defo ACL based on Gerrards comments. 

Won't see him for much of next season then.

Probably changes the need for what we want at the back now. Can see us keeping Hause until January and going big for Joe Gomez unless a good CB from europe wants to join us.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Won't see him for much of next season then.

Probably changes the need for what we want at the back now. Can see us keeping Hause until January and going big for Joe Gomez unless a good CB from europe wants to join us.

Yeah he'll be back around Feb/Mar. Big blow for us as throws a big spanner into our summer plans. Have to keep Hause now after we sign a new CB. 

• Like 1

Really shit for Ezri I hope he recovers soon. At the time I didn’t think he was that bad until I saw stills of the challenge. It looks like it’s an ACL injury on first glance, he did get up and walk off the field so hopefully it’s not as bad.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah he'll be back around Feb/Mar. Big blow for us as throws a big spanner into our summer plans. Have to keep Hause now after we sign a new CB. 

How innocuous was that in a really poor passage of play. We came out that second half yesterday exactly the same way we played most of the first half. Should have freshened it up at half time.

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Unfortunately for him it could force our hand in to buying a first choice CB which effectively replaces him 

I'm not convinced we would have done otherwise

I'm sure we would have signed another CB anyway. The issue is we can't sell one now. Add to our poor league position and it hits us financially and that stays with us for 3 years in the Premier League FFP rules. 

Â