Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

19 minutes ago, Indigo said:

One thing he actually did well previously was winning fouls but now...

i never thought i would say this from last season.

but the lad is a mess, we need to offload him imo, no way should he be starting next year.

• Like 1

Thought he didn't play too bad but was positionally at fault for Mane's goal, which is a shame. Our throw ins are questionable too, not sure why the throw in was at Carneys feet, just inviting pressure, should be throwing out to the strikers

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

On his ass countless times tonight, looking for fouls he needs to cut that out.

For a big man, he sure does go down easy. Constantly looking for an excuse not to play.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Really depressing how he's gone from last season to this, I was a huge fan last season and thought he should be in the England squad but he's really not kicked on this season and in fact gone backwards.

He's young so whether we should stick by him or sell I'm not sure, but we definitely need to spend money on a starting CB for next season. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

For a big man, he sure does go down easy. 

Don’t want to be to hard on him and scapegoat him but it’s almost a way of hiding or ducking his duties,  Mings and Nakamba were comical and at fault for their first goal but for some reason Konsa again was on the floor.

I know I said it before, but just looking at Fulham because they always have shit CBs in the PL, and somehow Tim Ream started every single league game for them this season, a guy who has proven time and again that he's incompetent at this level. If they gave us like £15-£20m for Konsa I think that would be a good deal for all parties. 

The Jota first half foul shows you how his head has gone, lucky he didn't catch the attacker with his two-footed dive in too. 

It's like his bollocks have vanished up his arse and he's looking for an easy out every time. 

I know we've pushed Liverpool close but Chambers deserves a run. 

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He's young so whether we should stick by him or sell I'm not sure, but we definitely need to spend money on a starting CB for next season. 

Wow, I hadn't realised he's only 24...good point. Given his age, I wouldn't give up on him. Certainly if we find a better CB, then get one, but even then, don't sell Konsa yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t want to be to hard on him and scapegoat him but it’s almost a way of hiding or ducking his duties,  Mings and Nakamba were comical and at fault for their first goal but for some reason Konsa again was on the floor.

I’d say about 5 people could realistically be “blamed” for the first goal. But to avoid the continual finding a guilty party thing, I’ll say it was the unlucky deflection of Martinez right to Matips feet that did us in for the first one.

And the second goal I don’t find myself being too hard on Konsa for that. Seemed like a simple miscommunication between him and Digne. Konsa waived Mane off to Digne but Digne was drifting back right at that moment. 

All that said, my frustration lies with the attacking today. The amount of golden opportunities that were wasted right in-front of their goal were more upsetting than what occurred on defense. (granted I was also in and out of watching the game so I didn’t see everything)

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His head doesn't seem right at all.

Seems to be going mental all the time as well, doesn't seem relaxed at all.

Making alot of rash decisions and out of character mistakes, comparatively to last season.

Poor guys seems like he’s lost every bit of confidence he once had. Probably just overthinking every little detail.

• Like 2

If he is playing for his future at the club, he’s making a right hash of it. Starting to annoy me with his arm flapping, constant blaming of those around him and his dying act when fouled now. 

Perhaps he’s already been advised by the club and/or his agent that he’s on the way out? It really seems like his head has gone.

1st half he blatbetly fouled a liverpool playee with a ridiculous two hand shove and he was going mad at the decision.

He just seems really off this year. Not sure if he can handle the pressure and expectations at the club. I think he is better than hause, not seen enough of chambers to comment. If a decent offer comes in i would let him go

I didn't think he was that bad.

I think we tend to forget just how potent Liverpool's attack is....

.. and they only scored off mistakes that were NOT from Konsa.

He's had a horrid run and should have lost his place to Chambers, but yesterday wasn't as bad as some of his recent performances (particularly against spuds).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

1st half he blatbetly fouled a liverpool playee with a ridiculous two hand shove and he was going mad at the decision.

I kind of had sympathy for that one because the ref and clearly ignored a blatant foul of a similar nature on one of our boys only about 5 seconds earlier. I was also going mad at he decision for that reason. Inconsistent reffing.

48 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I kind of had sympathy for that one because the ref and clearly ignored a blatant foul of a similar nature on one of our boys only about 5 seconds earlier. I was also going mad at he decision for that reason. Inconsistent reffing.

The reffing is consistent, consistently bad.

Â