Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

I said in the match thread, at times flashbacks of Baker and Clark came flooding back.  100% we need to consider an upgrade in centre half position during the window, someone to come in and start with Mings. I'm shocked at how quickly Konsa has regressed this season.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He made a couple of big mistakes today, but his poor passing is a constant problem. He often puts Cash or Mings in difficult situations by passing to them at the wrong time.

This is the big one for me. 

He appears calm and composed, but often stiffs the guy recieving the ball due to his timing of pass. The he'll have a whinge and do his flappy arm thing.

He was great last year, but has struggled this year. I think he's probably gone from a "no worries" player to an "ought to be replaced" player over the last six months. 

A shame, as he was so good previously that he really should have been in the Euros squad.

Going through the motions. Everytime something happens he's the first to shout and moan. Absolute bluffer.  Robbed Emi of a clean sheet. Really needs a captain or someone to put him in his place. Your bang average and your a hider. Shut. Up.

Had to blink twice to check if it was Kinsella in the number 4 shirt....

... then I remembered that Kinsella used to point at the guy he was meant to mark, not flap his arms around.

Maybe one of those players who just played better with no fans in the ground. Before lockdown we were a calamity at the back and Konsa was part of that, and he only properly nailed down a guaranteed starting 11 place during project restart as before that he was competing with Engels. The disappointing thing is that since he joined us he’d been consistently improving, until recently and now he’s looking like he’s rapidly regressing.

He’s still young for a centre back, just 24, so hopefully enough time to get back on the right track. But  I’m not sure Gerrard will show him the same love that Smith gave him, and we saw how quickly Gerrard discarded Targett who looks like a very similar case. I think selling him would be a mistake but then if he’s going to be a liability then we need to bring someone new in. 

i just always feel like he's a ticking time bomb on the pitch, he really doesnt look comfortable on or off the ball.

Its not even like he has only had a small rough patch, he has been really poor, literally almost the entire season.

What has happened to him, his mind is all over the place, he was so bad today. All I can think is he has been told he will be moved on in the summer

then why the **** is he playing still

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s still young. He’s just going through a bad patch. He’ll improve hopefully next season.

I really hope so. We saw last season he was good

I do also personally think he has been told he is moving on in the summer so stopped paying attention

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s still young. He’s just going through a bad patch. He’ll improve hopefully next season.

I don't think he will be here next season.  I wouldnt be suprised if norwich come in for him in the summer 

• Haha 2

Konsa is usually really reliable, particularly when the ball is on the floor, he's never been the greatest in the air but just recently, his positioning seems all over the place and he's making poor decisions.  Sadlly, he hasn't moved on this season. 

This lad was a Rolls Royce last season. Now he looks like a Mondeo. I can't believe he's lost all his talent, so I would withdraw him from starting and bring 2 in. Maybe there are personal issues, who knows. He needs to earn his place in the squad next season. That was a dopey performance.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't think he will be here next season.  I wouldnt be suprised if norwich come in for him in the summer 

You really think Norwich will pay the amount we would want for him when they have been relegated to the Championship? Not a chance.

Edited by daggy_333
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Mings has carried every centre half he's been next to, Konsa, Engels,Tuanzebe...yet all at some point in time were proclaimed to be better than him (before it became clear they weren't).

Yes agreed I said this around 4 months ago.

Â