Claret Club Membership 2019/20

LoughboroughLion

Not directly related, but thought I'd ask it here.

Usually get down to a few games around Christmas and to a few London away days while we've been in the championship. Imagine this will get tougher now we're in the Prem though.

With that in mind, are there any major benefits - booking tickets wise - of being a Claret member. i.e. is it pretty superfluous for London away days etc. as I won't have a decent booking history?

5 hours ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Not directly related, but thought I'd ask it here.

Usually get down to a few games around Christmas and to a few London away days while we've been in the championship. Imagine this will get tougher now we're in the Prem though.

With that in mind, are there any major benefits - booking tickets wise - of being a Claret member. i.e. is it pretty superfluous for London away days etc. as I won't have a decent booking history?

I had membership for the last few years. For me you get a bit of a discount on merchandise.

With tickets doesn't really didn't benefit me for away games as the away games sold out by season ticket holders in most games. I'd expect even tougher this year now we are in premier league and more season ticket holders before hand.

It benefits me for play off games and final thats for sure. Also for some home games that were high demand. But remember this is for one ticket only unless two of you are member.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Bear in my also that it may be hard to get tickets for a lot of home games next season . 30k season ticket, 3k away supporters. Then Claret members will have their chance to purchase home tickets. Then a whatever is left will go on general sale. 

Yeah i have had one for the last 2 years as I am living abroad but it helped me get to the 2 play off finals. I have renewed again this year just in case it helps land a few home or away games here and there but I suspect it will be even tougher getting to matches this year. 

Had one last year. Brought one firstly because when the club were looking in finical trouble last year i thought it would be good way to give the club money without much coming back my way, secondly I work shifts so can’t get to as many games as I’d like so to help get tickets, got a few home and away but they were still pretty hard to get so imagine will be even harder this year but also helped me get a ticket for play offs which was a bonus, even though lots of people moaned everyone had a chance to buy a membership at the beginning of the season 

Edited by Hobbit Feet

I missed out on a season ticket so paid the £35 or whatever it was and became a member, is my only chance of getting tickets and as I'm exiled down in rural Wiltshire and often work on Saturdays I wouldn't have been able to get to every game anyway so seems a sensible thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Two friends and I have just bought the membership. We're part of the pride!

Tickets for Bournemouth have been bought, I'm so excited for the new season. I just truly hope, this time, it's not the hope that kills you. 

#InDeanoWeTrust.

• Like 3

Given that we sold about 3,000 tickets to members today, I'd be really interested in knowing how many we sold. Especially now that they've changed around the ticketing hierarchy and put members above season ticket holders. I'm guessing we must be pretty close to a cap on memberships, otherwise you get to a point where a membership no longer gets you a ticket.

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So will match tickets go on sale to season ticket holders first, or claret members? 

Members.

Season ticket holders can't buy additional tickets for Bournemouth for a week.

• Like 1

They should cap memberships now to avoid a real mess where people having become members no longer are guaranteed a ticket. I'm speaking for myself, I know, but that was the big selling point to get people to sign up as members. If you take that away, disappointment will be huge to those that have become members for this reason. And there are many of them.

5 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I joined today to give my son, father and me a reasonable chance of getting tickets. In all the 42 years of following Villa I’ve never known anything like the current clamour for tickets.

How many tickets can you buy on one membership? 

Â