Claret Club Membership 2019/20

LoughboroughLion

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If you want to talk about how the entire economic system is a con I'm here for it, but I don't think the '1 member = 1 ticket' rule is emblematic of it. 

I personally think they should have capped Claret Membership at 3,000 or something. But allowing those members to then buy more than one ticket only exasperates the issue. 

Not particularly as you asked me about the Claret Membership to which I replied. Thanks

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Be interesting to see how many memberships they sell this year on top of the ST’s.

I bought one but then was able to get a season ticket and they refunded the membership.

If the season ticket waiting list is 5k then all those that misssd our will get memberships. It should be a full house every game next season. 

52 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A huge number I’d imagine, it’s a great way for them to boost income following limiting ST’s. I can’t see many games reaching general sale this season.

Aye, doing the math I reckon it could be worth something in the £250k-£1M range though I have no idea of course in reality 

1 hour ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Get real on you point scoring. You asked a question I replied,  you tried to change the scope, I declined, you feel the need to belittle. Sad

I didn't change the scope. 

You said it was a con that you could only buy one ticket per reference. I asked you why, you said because it creates 'privilege'. I replied saying that I would cap the number of claret memberships at 3,000, but to allow them to buy more than one ticket achieves the opposite of what you want, it allows even less fans who can't afford the start up fee of a season ticket or claret membership to go to games. Thus your idea = privilege.

At that point you got snarky so I replied in kind. I'm not belittling you, please don't gaslight. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I didn't change the scope. 

You said it was a con that you could only buy one ticket per reference. I asked you why, you said because it creates 'privilege'. I replied saying that I would cap the number of claret memberships at 3,000, but to allow them to buy more than one ticket achieves the opposite of what you want, it allows even less fans who can't afford the start up fee of a season ticket or claret membership to go to games. Thus your idea = privilege.

At that point you got snarky so I replied in kind. I'm not belittling you, please don't gaslight. 

If you’d bothered to read my original post you’d have seen that I don’t agree with the membership scheme at all. But instead you picked up on a response I replied to someone asking me a question taking it out of context to suit your own agenda. The con part of my response was about the membership not the one ticket per reference.

Im sure anyone who’s part responses are used out of context to try and make a point might feel aggrieved. As for gaslight, I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

@Stockport_Villain I don't see an original post from you explaining that you think the whole idea of a membership scheme is a con. I had thought, which I then went on to explain, that you believed allowing only one ticket per membership was the con. 

Thank you for taking the time to clarify. 

I think this may be the only way to get tickets this season for most games if you are not a season ticket holder. 

I get to 5-10 games a season, so for me it's great. It gives me a better chance of getting tickets for games against the big teams which in the past has been difficult, but not impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The biggest thing I see is that unless your a st holder with a group of you or members you won't be sitting together 

Yeah, this is definitely going to be a thing this season I think.

Season ticket holders will be able to buy one additional ticket each once members have bought tickets - there won't be many left on most occasions and there will be none in any of the lower tiers or in the Holte End (where most of those season ticket holders are). Which means that the upper Trinity and bits of the Upper Witton Lane will be like a lonely hearts club full of people on their own.

It's been a summer punctuated by these two wonders - the massive, enormous, exciting spending on players and the changes to the way in which we need to start thinking about tickets for Villa Park due to the huge increase in demand for tickets.

Big club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, this is definitely going to be a thing this season I think.

Season ticket holders will be able to buy one additional ticket each once members have bought tickets - there won't be many left on most occasions and there will be none in any of the lower tiers or in the Holte End (where most of those season ticket holders are). Which means that the upper Trinity and bits of the Upper Witton Lane will be like a lonely hearts club full of people on their own.

It's been a summer punctuated by these two wonders - the massive, enormous, exciting spending on players and the changes to the way in which we need to start thinking about tickets for Villa Park due to the huge increase in demand for tickets.

Big club.

Where does it say season ticket holders can only buy one additional ticket?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where does it say season ticket holders can only buy one additional ticket?

They can after members get theirs. The thing is if thwy didnf have any benefits if being a member why would anyone bother? It's more money for the club so I don't have a problem with it. 

Without a doubt all away games will sell out even the shit ones. Like obe says the price of being  big club

I Purchased 3 memberships and 3 Bournemouth tickets (seated together in Upper Trinity 4 rows from the front in A7). As a non season ticket holder i think it will be the only way to get ticket. With 30k season ticket holders and however many members, i think very few games will go to general sale, and the ones that do there will not be too many tickets available.

This is the only real benefit i can see for being a member.

I was down VP on Saturday and i have never seen it so busy in the close season as it was. The feel good factor is incredible, far greater than the MON/Lerner period. The club shop and ticket office was rammed. As an aside, it was great to see so many young kids their getting new shirts etc. The next generation of support.

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

I Purchased 3 memberships and 3 Bournemouth tickets (seated together in Upper Trinity 4 rows from the front in A7). As a non season ticket holder i think it will be the only way to get ticket. With 30k season ticket holders and however many members, i think very few games will go to general sale, and the ones that do there will not be too many tickets available.

This is the only real benefit i can see for being a member.

I was down VP on Saturday and i have never seen it so busy in the close season as it was. The feel good factor is incredible, far greater than the MON/Lerner period. The club shop and ticket office was rammed. As an aside, it was great to see so many young kids their getting new shirts etc. The next generation of support.

The feel good factor is definitely back . Like purslow has said their really is a rapport between the team and the fan base.

It won't be long until the stadium is extended if this continues.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

As an aside, it was great to see so many young kids their getting new shirts etc. The next generation of support.

Glory supporters! 

I started to taking my 3yr old in Lamberts last season and the season that shall not be named. Wanted to indoctrinate her before she had a chance to make up her own mind. At the time I thought that was the only we’d get a “next generation”. 

Hi all

I have enjoyed taking my daughter (she is 26 yo now) to see Villa on the Holte End for a number of games during the last 4 to 5 years. She loves it. We went to Upper Trinty stand for the Norwich game (as Holte was sold out) and she said the view was good but not as atmospheric and fun as being at the back of the Upper Holte....

I am a season ticket holder she is not, so unless I buy(!) her a membership it will be unlikely (a) that she will get a ticket (she has a booking history) and (b) sit next to me....which is a shame, but these are new, different, exciting and slightly nervous times as a Villa fan. Its just unfortunate that the more "casual" attendee supporters could find it difficult getting to see Villa play this season.

Regards to all

Derek 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Hi all

I have enjoyed taking my daughter (she is 26 yo now) to see Villa on the Holte End for a number of games during the last 4 to 5 years. She loves it. We went to Upper Trinty stand for the Norwich game (as Holte was sold out) and she said the view was good but not as atmospheric and fun as being at the back of the Upper Holte....

I am a season ticket holder she is not, so unless I buy(!) her a membership it will be unlikely (a) that she will get a ticket (she has a booking history) and (b) sit next to me....which is a shame, but these are new, different, exciting and slightly nervous times as a Villa fan. Its just unfortunate that the more "casual" attendee supporters could find it difficult getting to see Villa play this season.

Regards to all

Derek 

A cub membership is an absolute no brainier. You get four free games which pays for the cost of the membership and a free gift which in the last two years has been very good although a long wait to get it. Very nice quality hoody that my daughter wears all the time and last year a pretty decent ruck sack. 

Also get Birthday card and Xmas card signed by all the players. 

Â