Claret Club Membership 2019/20

LoughboroughLion

I have a mate who is an Arsenal Fan I believe he has to buy a membership to buy tickets.  I am sure they even have different levels of membership and none of them guarantee a ticket you just have the opportunity before others.  He normally only gets a ticket for Cup/European games which I always thought was harsh!  They also use the membership criteria to buy on the official reselling site for season ticket holders that cannot go.

I think Villa need to explain membership does not guarantee a ticket only a season  ticket does that.  Add in that season ticket reselling should only be for claret/cub members first.  General Sale window after.  

What having membership does should mean no Man Utd/Liverpool fans in the Villa end for games like in the past.

What it should also do is give fans the chance to vote on important club issues such as next years kit and so on.

If the demand continues it is something we are going to have to get used to I am afraid.

Has anyone had any issues with receiving email confirmation for tickets bought yesterday?

Bought my yesterday afternoon but received no confirmation. 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Check your junk. That’s where mine went!

Awesome thanks, they’ve changed the sender address to tickets@ so imagine lots of people had the same issue! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just panic bought a membership and my ticket for Bournemouth......there were perks to being in the championship afterall :)

Yup, I agree but a sold out Villa Park is magical place to be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I think Villa need to explain membership does not guarantee a ticket only a season  ticket does that. 

Why would they need to do this? The website is pretty clear, it gives you priority access to tickets before they go on general sale. Nowhere is there a suggestion you are guaranteed a ticket.

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just panic bought a membership and my ticket for Bournemouth......there were perks to being in the championship afterall :)

Same. I only get to go to a handful of games so this is great for me. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jim said:

Why would they need to do this? The website is pretty clear, it gives you priority access to tickets before they go on general sale. Nowhere is there a suggestion you are guaranteed a ticket.

Because it's good practice? I mean you're right ofc, they're under no obligation, but the suggestion of 'priority' is open to interpretation. 

Just clarify it, that's all. Be good to your fans. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In what way is that a con?

To create a tiered system for those that can afford it  for the privilege of trying to get a ticket at the expense of those that can’t afford it. We should all be able to buy tickets based on our attendance not because we can afford to join an elite at the expense of others.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Be interesting to see how many memberships they sell this year on top of the ST’s.

A huge number I’d imagine, it’s a great way for them to boost income following limiting ST’s. I can’t see many games reaching general sale this season.

• Like 1

If we continue to progress then I wouldn't be surprised that next season we have some kind of tiered structure membership in place. 

Gold membership = First 3k on list Guarantees you a ticket + all cup games + usual extras + additional incentives. £100

Silver membership = Next 2k on list Guarantees you a ticket + usual extras + additional incentives = £75 

Bronze membership = Gives you priority over booking history and general sales + usual extras + additional incentives = £50 

36 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

To create a tiered system for those that can afford it  for the privilege of trying to get a ticket at the expense of those that can’t afford it. We should all be able to buy tickets based on our attendance not because we can afford to join an elite at the expense of others.

If you want to talk about how the entire economic system is a con I'm here for it, but I don't think the '1 member = 1 ticket' rule is emblematic of it. 

I personally think they should have capped Claret Membership at 3,000 or something. But allowing those members to then buy more than one ticket only exasperates the issue. 

I’ve signed up. The fact that they got priority over everyone but ST holders for the playoff final was enough to sway me. 

I don’t think it’s right to be honest, but I’ll take advantage of it while I don’t have a ST if it’s there

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Haha you and me both then!

• Like 1

Â