Claret Club Membership 2019/20

LoughboroughLion

On 04/09/2019 at 14:15, choffer said:

This is pretty **** amateur to be honest. Ok, demand is higher than they expected, but we're talking nearly 2 months to get a letter and a plastic cards out in the post? Are they having the ladies in the ticket office print them off individually? 

On 06/09/2019 at 22:35, Davkaus said:

This is pretty **** amateur to be honest. Ok, demand is higher than they expected, but we're talking nearly 2 months to get a letter and a plastic cards out in the post? Are they having the ladies in the ticket office print them off individually? 

This is nothing new when these new pre paid card season tickets came out I was being sent paper tickets for about 3 or 4 games until I received mine. 

The ticket office is shocking they only have 1 job and they seem incapable of doing it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Received my claret membership card last week too - Is it for anything other than a reminder of your fan ID, which I always forget?

On a side note, I tried purchasing 2 x tickets for Burnley beginning of last week, not sure why I thought I would be OK to get them at such late notice but I missed out, our support has been second to none this season (to be fair it's been like that for a few seasons).

Anyway, used the membership today to get tickets for Brighton at home instead, even then it was hard to pick a seat where I would have liked! UTV

48 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Received my claret membership card last week too - Is it for anything other than a reminder of your fan ID, which I always forget?

On a side note, I tried purchasing 2 x tickets for Burnley beginning of last week, not sure why I thought I would be OK to get them at such late notice but I missed out, our support has been second to none this season (to be fair it's been like that for a few seasons).

Anyway, used the membership today to get tickets for Brighton at home instead, even then it was hard to pick a seat where I would have liked! UTV

The letter that came with it explains its other uses. You can top it up online and use it as a payment card in the stadium. 

I think using it and buying tickets results in more reward points etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I already used the membership for a 20% discount for train tickets for my family London-Birmingham-London!

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 12:46, delboy54 said:

My daughter is still waiting for hers...time to give VP a call I think

Same. Got an email a month ago telling me it was on its way any time soon.

Nearly 4 months for a letter and a plastic card - I completed on a house quicker than that. I don't even care about it, I just wanted to be able to buy tickets, but it just shows what an absolute shambles some parts of the club are. 

They know they can coast by doing a shit job because all anyone cares about is the football, but the other aspects of the club are run in a manner that'd see companies go bust. 

Edited by Davkaus

• 3 weeks later...

My membership card came today, I only ordered it around June/July time so didn't take them long I suppose. On the letter it said your welcome pack is attached but it wasn't! You'd think after the shambles of a kit they released they'd at least put some effort into trying to get the little things right but they're clearly not arsed, they know we need that membership to get tickets and will buy it regardless. 

On 03/10/2019 at 19:49, Davkaus said:

Same. Got an email a month ago telling me it was on its way any time soon.

Nearly 4 months for a letter and a plastic card - I completed on a house quicker than that. I don't even care about it, I just wanted to be able to buy tickets, but it just shows what an absolute shambles some parts of the club are. 

They know they can coast by doing a shit job because all anyone cares about is the football, but the other aspects of the club are run in a manner that'd see companies go bust. 

You are aware you could have bought tickets without the card ?

Still nothing, I tried phoning but no reply (all lines are busy - as usual - I suppose that is a "good" thing). Is there a suitable email add I could use? I bought this for my daughter back in JULY!

Not really good enough at this level to be honest, this sort of behind the scenes stuff needs to be looked at.

As Demitri_C says, my daughter could use her membership without the card......so remind me what is the point of this mythical card ? 

Regards

Del

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You are aware you could have bought tickets without the card ?

Yeah, that's why I literally said in the few words prior to wanting to buy tickets that I don't care about the card :P It'll literally just go in a draw and never be thought about again as soon as it shows up, I only care about it due to the laughable incompetence. 

Still hasn't turned up btw. Nearly two months after the email saying it'd be on its way 'soon' and over 4 months after ordering. Honestly whoever is in charge of this shambles clearly isn't up to the job. 

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

As Demitri_C says, my daughter could use her membership without the card......so remind me what is the point of this mythical card ? 

It just gives you some bullshit points for prize draws or some other such bollocks.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry not sure where else to put this.

Folks, im from Northern Ireland and only really get to see the Villa in London.  (Cheaper flights and i have free accommodation thanks to the Brother, moneys tight).  It does mean sitting with home fans unfortunately though.

Anyway, my kid supports Villa, much to the abuse of his Man utd and Liverpool class mates.  That's really the only two teams people support over here, but he didn't have an option as i have supported them for 35years.

So he turned 8 last week and all he wanted for his birthday is to go to Villa park for a match.  London wouldn't suffice as he wants to sing for some reason.  

I purchased a Claret Membership this morning to try and get us two tickets , 35 quid but get a 10 quid back for ticket so wasnt to bad.  

Does anyone know if i can get two tickets with it, one for me and one for him ?  Any replies appreciated.

Sorry should have noted, not trying to get ones for City game.  Looking at spurs or sheff utd perhaps.

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Sorry not sure where else to put this.

Folks, im from Northern Ireland and only really get to see the Villa in London.  (Cheaper flights and i have free accommodation thanks to the Brother, moneys tight).  It does mean sitting with home fans unfortunately though.

Anyway, my kid supports Villa, much to the abuse of his Man utd and Liverpool class mates.  That's really the only two teams people support over here, but he didn't have an option as i have supported them for 35years.

So he turned 8 last week and all he wanted for his birthday is to go to Villa park for a match.  London wouldn't suffice as he wants to sing for some reason.  

I purchased a Claret Membership this morning to try and get us two tickets , 35 quid but get a 10 quid back for ticket so wasnt to bad.  

Does anyone know if i can get two tickets with it, one for me and one for him ?  Any replies appreciated.

Sorry should have noted, not trying to get ones for City game.  Looking at spurs or sheff utd perhaps.

Hi mate. Unfortunately you’d need 2 memberships. It’s only one ticket per fan ID/membership. 

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Hi mate. Unfortunately you’d need 2 memberships. It’s only one ticket per fan ID/membership. 

Cheers, if i was to get another card, would i be better buying a full membership (say for my wife) and letting my kid use the ticket?

Reason i ask is because if i get a cub membership, can only get tickets for certain areas (they are same price after 10 quid for ticket off).  I wouldnt mind him experiencing the holt, especially when he has his heart set on singing.

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Cheers, if i was to get another card, would i be better buying a full membership (say for my wife) and letting my kid use the ticket?

Reason i ask is because if i get a cub membership, can only get tickets for certain areas (they are same price after 10 quid for ticket off).  I wouldnt mind him experiencing the holt, especially when he has his heart set on singing.

I’m not sure around the cub membership I’m afraid. I’ve only got the adult version. I don’t think you’re restricted in where you can sit with a cub membership, but assume you’ll only be able to buy kids tickets on it. Whereas the full membership will give you more flexibility on the ticket for adults kids and concessions. 

Â