Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 04/01/2023 at 12:57, HKP90 said:

In fairness he looks happy in La Liga

He might be happy but he is playing in the second division.

Oh that has already been discussed.

I will just throw in the fact that Johan Cruff played for Levante for a couple of months at the end of his career.

Edited by The Fun Factory

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I will just throw in the fact that Johan Cruff played for Levante for a couple of months at the end of his career.

Bring Wes back and stick the number 14 on his back so. Job done. 

Funny how similar his Villa career was to libor Kozak.

Both had o.k goals to games ratios (Kozak was about 4 in his first 10 games from memory) but still divided opinion based on overall ability (or people just expecting them to be as good as Benteke) and then in the respective January's had serious injuries and were never the same again.

Would lump in Gestede aswell but he simply wasn't good enough for premier league full stop despite a few early goals with his head.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Just looked at his stats and so far its 25 league appearances with 0 goals and 2 assists. Poor Wes, I think he is finished. I just hope he has kept most of his money and has not been ripped off by anyone so he can have a decent life after football.

Meanwhile Ben Mee is enjoying the best football of his career.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Just looked at his stats and so far its 25 league appearances with 0 goals and 2 assists. Poor Wes, I think he is finished. I just hope he has kept most of his money and has not been ripped off by anyone so he can have a decent life after football.

I hope that Ben Mee, in his quiet, reflective moments, reckons with a comprehensive understanding of what he did that day.

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I hope that Ben Mee, in his quiet, reflective moments, reckons with a comprehensive understanding of what he did that day.

The fact that this wasn’t the 1st, or even the 2nd tackle of the same nature suggests to me that there is little remorse for his actions. 

12 hours ago, av1 said:

The fact that this wasn’t the 1st, or even the 2nd tackle of the same nature suggests to me that there is little remorse for his actions. 

Ian Taylor said something had gone on between them in the first half as well. Nasty player.

18 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Meanwhile Ben Mee is enjoying the best football of his career.

I like a hard player, but he's an injury waiting to happen on the pitch and I really don't think he gives Wes a second thought. A clogger, a nasty piece of work and nothing more. I thought Brentford were better than signing him. 

6 minutes ago, John said:

I like a hard player, but he's an injury waiting to happen on the pitch and I really don't think he gives Wes a second thought. A clogger, a nasty piece of work and nothing more. I thought Brentford were better than signing him. 

He didn’t even see a red card, had this happen to one of the super protected “elite” players then I don’t think Been Mee could go to any ground in the premier league without fans hurling abuse. The media wouldn’t let it go and he’d be labelled for life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Horrible challenge that. Ironically shared by a moron Burnley fan defending it.

It’s the way wraps his legs around Wesley after horrible,  the old “leaving a bit on him”

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Horrible challenge that. Ironically shared by a moron Burnley fan defending it.

Ah the old 'he got the ball so it wasn't a foul' defence. Never mind that it was a scissor challenge. Idiot.

• Like 2

Â