Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

another gripe is when he was subbed...... he ran off!

This was the perfect time to throw a little tantrum "why me?" then slowly trudge off the pitch running that clock down and ensuring the points.  I can't believe he didn't do this. I used to do it at school matches and give the pe teacher the wink.

Another gripe: the ball boys were too efficient in returning the ball to liverpool. and the north stand lower. are we on the same side here?

northstanders! you are as much to blame as gazi and kodjia. you could of run that clock down better. how can you sleep tonight?

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This was the perfect time to throw a little tantrum "why me?" then slowly trudge off the pitch running that clock down and ensuring the points.  I can't believe he didn't do this. I used to do it at school matches and give the pe teacher the wink.

Another gripe: the ball boys were too efficient in returning the ball to liverpool. and the north stand lower. are we on the same side here?

northstanders! you are as much to blame as gazi and kodjia. you could of run that clock down better. how can you sleep tonight?

I genuinely never know if your post are a joke or not..

4 hours ago, Strangeways said:

Don’t understand these comments, he’s terrible!! does not win a thing and goes down far too easy!! extremely lazy walks around middle of park and

gives stupid free kicks away, officially the worst villa striker ever.....

Ross McCormack, Balaban, Boulding for a start 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wesley needs another striker capable of pushing him. Troy Deeney if available? Anyone?

No chance we'd get Deeney. Club captain from a relegation rival.

He's exactly what we need. 

If we can find a 22 year old Deeney with a 30 year old Deeney's attitude we'll be finishing 12th or higher with zero issues.

9 hours ago, screwdriver said:

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/mental-health-services/how-to-access-mental-health-services/

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No chance we'd get Deeney. Club captain from a relegation rival.

He's exactly what we need. 

If we can find a 22 year old Deeney with a 30 year old Deeney's attitude we'll be finishing 12th or higher with zero issues.

Is this the real life? What next? Allardyce for manager posts AGAIN!?! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

He was much, much better yesterday. Still missed a header he should have at least got on target. Still moans too much to refs, but he battled harder, actually held up and flicked on the ball against the best defender in the country. Much better level of effort.

The moaning bit is a little annoying but he did have a point yesterday - almost every decision went against him. 

• Like 2

In terms of effort this was much better, really good even. He still needs to learn how to use his kilos better because even with all that effort he accomplished pretty much nothing. Won 3 aerial duels but mostly came unstuck against the Plop CB's.

There was even a discussion between the commentator and the co-commentator on Swedish telly where one though Wesley did really well while the other (Pontus Kåmark, ex Swedish national side defender) thought that while he looked lively actually didn't do anything of note.

Keep it up thou because against less prolific defenders than Van Dijk and Lovren it will pay off, especially if he has more players around him to pick up the scraps.

That said I still don't see the potential (or current quality) that prompted us to shell out that much money, even in today's market.

One thing he has to learn and adjust to is that as a new unknown player in the league he's going to get very little love from the refs, especially when up against big name teams and players. flapping his arms and falling over won't help.

6 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Wes actually won most headers yesterday and worked really hard despite our lack of possession. 

What I think must also be confusing for him at this moment in time is that whenever he uses his strength the refs blow up for for a foul, yet when he decides to hit the deck he gets nothing. 

From that point of view I think its probably just understanding the league. It seems however he reacts to contact atm it goes against him. 

11 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Wes actually won most headers yesterday and worked really hard despite our lack of possession. 

He won 3 out of 10 according to Whoscored.

Van Dijk won 90% of his aerial duels and Lovren 65% of his. No surprise as it's their job to win those.

Guilbert won 3 out of his 5 aerial duels while Engels was best in show for us in this area with 4 out of 5.

Mings had a uncharacteristically weak game in this area, 

His second best performance yesterday (Everton being the best) but it still wasn't that amazing. 

Yes, he won some flick ons, gave the defender's a difficult time and got cheered when he closed them down quickly on one occasion. However, that's what I expect any half decent striker to do.  

He goes down far too easily for such a big man and his arm throwing is ridiculous.  Where was he when Al-Ghazi and McGinn got to the bye-line in quick succession in the second half and there was NOBODY in the middle?  What was that awful

attempt at a header in the first half from the centre of the goal?

I do feel with the right coaching he may get there, but at the moment a striker looks like priority in January.

• Like 1

Â