Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

god what game were you watching? this was his best game in a claret shirt. He was like diego costa the way he went looking for fights with lovern and van dyke. he didn't get any clear chances but he certainly made his presence felt today was like a battering ram.

I gave him motm.

I bet van dyke is on that big red bus somewhere in the 50mph road works of the m6 throbbing all over thanks to the clattering he took from wes.

I’ve been hugely critical of him in recent weeks, but thought he really put in a shift today.  That little episode in the second half before his substitution when he went on a one man ‘gegenpress’ won him a lot of brownie points for me.

still some petulance, but to be fair he got absolutely nothing at all from the ref today - so can understand it to a certain degree.

I’m happy with today’s performance. Keep it up.

Effort good. Need that every week.

I dipped in and out today as I was working and it looked like the quality was severely lacking again.

Can't be arsed with him throwing his hands in the air every time he falls over and expects a foul. Stop that please.

He's the one holding us back right now. We'll be OK if we can get a starting striker in Jan, but I'm not sure it's going to happen bearing in mind the money we've spent on Wes.

If we can get the effort for 90 mins every game, and participation instead of arm waving, he will hopefully be enough. Right now, I don't trust him.

Next two games are monumental for us and him. We have no other options. If plays well I think we take 4 points minimum, badly it'll take something special from others to get any. The ball not sticking up there is going to cause us issues v Liverpool or Dagenham and Redbridge.

20 minutes ago, Thug said:

That little episode in the second half before his substitution when he went on a one man ‘gegenpress’ won him a lot of brownie points for me.

And the roar from Holte should tell him that as long as he does that on a regular basis we will forgive an awful lot. 

He looked like a £20m player today. Long may it continue. 

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He needs a song. Seems the type of player that would thrive having his name sung 

Couldn't agree more. 

I think 'Wesley Wesley Wesley' is all I've heard so far. Better than nothing I guess. 

I have one gripe with Wesley: He needs to stay on his feet more.

Having said that, even pulling his shirt is apparently OK when your name is Van Dijk. He got nothing today. No - worse than that - he got fouls on him given the other way.

Made a perfect run into the box ala Everton on one of our breaks - but El Ghazi didn't see it, sadly. His work rate and link up play was great though.

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I have one gripe with Wesley: He needs to stay on his feet more.

Whilst I agree with the point, I think I'm beginning to form the opinion that it's just about understanding the league. 

Half the time he looks like he's genuinely dismanyed that he isn't winning a free kick, which leads me to suspect that maybe these type of decisions went his way in Belgium. 

I think he just needs to learn that this league is different. 

But as you also pointed out, it's probably confusing him even more that when he decides to dish a bit back he is deemed to be the aggressor. 

I still like the kid, he'll learn..

48 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He needs a song. Seems the type of player that would thrive having his name sung 

We are Aston Villa.  It will be:

Oh Wesley Wesley 

Wesley Wesley Wesley Wesley Moraes 

Â