Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

These are the games left for everyone and at the bottom is the points I expect each team to get. We need a minimum of 8 points I think. 

Aston Villa Bournemouth West Ham Watford

Newcastle Chelsea  
Liverpool  Man United Newcastle Chelsea
Man United Spurs Burnley Norwich
Crystal Palace Leicester City Norwich City Newcastle
Everton Manchester City Watford West Ham
Arsenal  Southampton Man United Man City
West Ham Everton Aston Villa Arsenal

5 6 9 7

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I expect Bournemouth to win tonight, after that it doesn look very good for them

After West Ham we probably have the 2nd most favourable run in

I would be very surprised if they did!

I think some may have been too premature to count Brighton safe yet looking at their fixtures, though admittedly their existing 6 point (7 really with GD) lead over us already feels insurmountable.

Edited by fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I would be very surprised if they did!

I think some may have been too premature to count Brighton safe yet looking at their fixtures, though admittedly their existing 6 point (7 really with GD) lead over us already feels insurmountable.

We aren't getting the 3 wins we'd need to overhaul what Brighton will end up with. There's no way they lose every game  between now and end of the season.  They are very much out of it for me.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

We aren't getting the 3 wins we'd need to overhaul what Brighton will end up with. There's no way they lose every game  between now and end of the season.  They are very much out of it for me.

Probably not, they could still be relegated above us in that case though.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Probably not, they could still be relegated above us in that case though.

That I won't discount, but only because I don't really know how good West ham are going to perform in their run in. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, omariqy said:

These are the games left for everyone and at the bottom is the points I expect each team to get. We need a minimum of 8 points I think. 

Aston Villa Bournemouth West Ham Watford

Newcastle Chelsea  
Liverpool  Man United Newcastle Chelsea
Man United Spurs Burnley Norwich
Crystal Palace Leicester City Norwich City Newcastle
Everton Manchester City Watford West Ham
Arsenal  Southampton Man United Man City
West Ham Everton Aston Villa Arsenal

5 6 9 7

Can't see Watford getting 9 points, certainly not after their last match. Newcastle and west ham I can see being draws,  would leave them with 5 instead of 9. But such are the small margins at this point who really knows.  

• Like 1

It's one of those, at this present time, I can't see any of the teams winning a game let alone 2 or 3. However, one of the teams is bound to put a couple of wins together at some point. 

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yup 2 wins and 3 draws including against us.

I doubt this. West Ham look worse than we do. I expect us to beat them and tbh I have the feeling they will be going down either instead of or with us. 

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

It's one of those, at this present time, I can't see any of the teams winning a game let alone 2 or 3. However, one of the teams is bound to put a couple of wins together at some point. 

It’s so close that the team that wins first puts a lot of pressure on the others. A 6 game mini season where we start level on points.

Just now, Spoony said:

I doubt this. West Ham look worse than we do. I expect us to beat them and tbh I have the feeling they will be going down either instead of or with us. 

Tbf they have played Wolves and Spurs. I will judge them when they play against the lesser teams. 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Looking at that I would say its us,Norwich and Bournmouth for the drop.This time I think we will be down for quite a few seasons.

Why do you think that? I think we're in a far stronger position. There have been several posts and why in a number of different threads so I won't repost all of that. 

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure the 9 points was for West Ham and not Watford. 

Ahhh, I thought it was 9 points for Watford too. I see the 7 now. Thanks for clarifying

I just wish we were the same team from the first half of the season where we had no issues scoring and were like the 6th highest scorers in the league. We can't buy a goal right now. I fancy that team from earlier in the season to stay up in these circumstances.

The predictors can definitely pass a bit of time but ultimately I don't think they mean a right lot.

I had another look earlier and had the following  bottom half final table;

Brighton                39

West Ham            38

Watford                38

Bournemouth      36 

Villa                      35

Norwich               25

Notable findings from that was;

Newcastle lost all 4 matches against the teams above us. That probably won't happen. 

I had Watford v West Ham as a draw and West Ham v Villa as a draw. Any changes with these results could have a massive effect.

I had Norwich drawing with Brighton but losing to West Ham and Watford - Again, if they managed to somehow get wins in those games it improves our chances.

I had us winning 2 drawing 2 and losing 2 - That would mean a four game unbeaten run at the end.

Worryingly we could be 7 points off safety by the time we play Palace on the 12th July (albeit with a game in hand) Psychologically that could kill us.

I stand by the 36-38 point margin to give us a fighting chance and I think we need Norwich and Newcastle (in particular) to pick up points against our rivals.

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Looking at that I would say its us,Norwich and Bournmouth for the drop.This time I think we will be down for quite a few seasons.

I think I agree with the first part but I think we will absolutely smash the Championship. Completely different feel to last time we went down. But let’s hope we are both wrong on the first part and never need to find out... only needs 2-3 wins I think...