Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Newcastle already scored. Dwight Gayle even cupped his ear to an empty stadium.

I know we are meant to hate him, but I rather like Dwight Gayle. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

I think a lot of Leicester's run up until Christmas was about momentum as much as anything else, now the opposite is true. They're only three points ahead of Wolves and Man Utd, could easily drop out of the top six at this rate. Their form over the ten games or so is only marginally better than relegation form, typical that they had such an easy game against us, tells me a big part of our problem is the mental side of the game, sometimes we're beaten before we've played.

• Like 1

Just need Chelsea to score 5 unanswered goals against wet spam and Toon to put another 2 unanswered goals past Bournemouth then we will be out the relegation zone ! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looks like Sheff Utd and Leicester has ridden on momentum all season. Massively overachieving all season.

TBF we have momentum - it's just in the wrong direction !

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Get in.

Newcastle look a lot better against Bournemouth than us. Think that is a (rare) sign that we defensively are a decent unit in the new less fluid system.

One thing that wasn't mentioned last week was we nulified Saint Maximin pretty well.

No easy task currently.

Norwich 1 down.

Weird to see a game where Newcastle are dominating possession. Probably what we're forgetting here is SB needs a strong end to the season if he's to have any hope of keeping his job for next season.

• Like 1