Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

We're somehow not even in the worst three teams since the restart. Bournemouth and West Ham both played a game less, but unless they both win in the week, we still won't have been one of the three worst teams. Surprised at Watford, thought they'd make a better go of it than this.

Just seen this stat don't know if it's right, but since the restart the bottom five have only taken three points between them, two of those have gone to us.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

We're somehow not even in the worst three teams since the restart. Bournemouth and West Ham both played a game less, but unless they both win in the week, we still won't have been one of the three worst teams. Surprised at Watford, thought they'd make a better go of it than this.

Just seen this stat don't know if it's right, but since the restart the bottom five have only taken three points between them, two of those have gone to us.

Yep, Watford with the other with a 95th Min equaliser against Leicester.

I agree that the bottom 5 are equally shite.

Not so sure about the manager point. Watford were dead and buried before Pearson was appointed and he may well keep them up. West Ham were right to change managers, it was appointing Moyes that was inexplicable.

18 minutes ago, useless said:

3 goals as well. We got 2 of the goals

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KT3AVFC said:

I agree that the bottom 5 are equally shite.

Not so sure about the manager point. Watford were dead and buried before Pearson was appointed and he may well keep them up. West Ham were right to change managers, it was appointing Moyes that was inexplicable.

Are we dead and buried? Watford were right to change manager. They had no chance the way they were heading. We have a decent ish chance still. Don't know enough about West ham's position to comment at the time.

But, better the devil you know sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

3 goals as well. We got 2 of the goals

I guess it'll be 4 goals after today. Watford with the other 2. 

But Watford with 1 point from Leicester (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h) is very unimpressive. And they have Chelsea away next.

Edited by Mjvilla

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Gods sake that point yesterday could have been massive if we could have held on. So irritating 

It was never going to happen unfortunately. Their goal had been coming for a while before they scored. I'm more relieved they weren't as ruthless as say Southampton were today with Watford and we only added the one goal to our goal difference. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I guess it'll be 4 goals after today. Watford with the other 2. 

But Watford with 1 point from Leicester (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h) is very unimpressive.

Oh yeah I forgot that Leicester game was 1-1 and not 0-0

Looks like our game with Arsenal will be moved. 

They’re in the FA Cup semi and Lineker has just said they’ll be played 18/19 July. We’re due to play Arsenal on 18th. 

Assume it’ll be a midweek game instead after the semi. A few days before West Ham.

27 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Looks like our game with Arsenal will be moved. 

They’re in the FA Cup semi and Lineker has just said they’ll be played 18/19 July. We’re due to play Arsenal on 18th. 

Assume it’ll be a midweek game instead after the semi. A few days before West Ham.

That be ok arsenal may rsst players for the league as theh are going nowhere there

If we get over these next two games in a similar position then suddenly things look a lot better! 

The final 4 fixtures dont look too bad on their own.

Just need to keep the goal difference realistic and hope the pressure keeps telling with the others.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That be ok arsenal may rsst players for the league as theh are going nowhere there

That could be a godsend.  Even if they don't rest them, their star players aren't going to be throwing their all in and risking injury pre final with nothing else to play for.

The way i have predicted things to go though would see a draw against them being as useful/useless as a loss,  so we'd still probably need to beat them to avoid a last day nail biter 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That could be a godsend.  Even if they don't rest them, their star players aren't going to be throwing their all in and risking injury pre final with nothing else to play for.

The way i have predicted things to go though would see a draw against them being as useful/useless as a loss,  so we'd still probably need to beat them to avoid a last day nail biter 

Yeah its a must win for me as last game at west ham will be tough. Even without fans

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I’m more concerned we’d lose our week’s preparation in between both games. Should we still have something to okay for then, of course. 

The way the Liverpool fams have acted since winning the title I wouldnt be surprised if they stormed the stadium at the weekend. I am sure its the 1st Anfield game since it was confirmed. 

Premier League might have to give us a 3-0 win 😉