Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

The way the Liverpool fams have acted since winning the title I wouldnt be surprised if they stormed the stadium at the weekend. I am sure its the 1st Anfield game since it was confirmed. 

Premier League might have to give us a 3-0 win 😉

I'm  hoping they're still hyped this week to play Man City, just to show they are the deserved champions and drop the ball after that (conveniently dropping points against us).

As long as we don't concede too many against Liverpool, I'll be satisfied as our goal difference is what currently keeps us in the relegation spots

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That be ok arsenal may rsst players for the league as theh are going nowhere there

Well they will only rest players in the league if they beat Man City in the Semi!  Fat chance of that happening.

More chance Utd beating Chelsea in the other Semi and believe West Ham will face a weakened Utd before they play us.

Newcastle playing Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham all in a row. Unless we foresee them getting 3 wins in a row, 1 or more of our rivals will be getting points soon. We need to get something from either Liverpool or United. Pretty sure Liverpool will smash us at Anfield though. First game there as title holders.

In the spirit of very marginal gains that we need to stand a chance of staying up..

Burnley (undeservedly) sneaking 1-0 up against Palace is probably good for us:-

- keeps Burnley with something to play for as they still have some of our rivals to plan

- means Palace will likely have nothing to play for when our game vs them comes around

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

In the spirit of very marginal gains that we need to stand a chance of staying up..

Burnley (undeservedly) sneaking 1-0 up against Palace is probably good for us:-

- keeps Burnley with something to play for as they still have some of our rivals to plan

- means Palace will likely have nothing to play for when our game vs them comes around

Yep came here to write the same, a Burnley win is the desired result even if it might only make a small or ultimately no difference.

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Burnley currently 8th and above Sheff Utd. When we beat them on NYD they were a couple of points ahead and I thought they looked like a team we could catch. How wrong, great job done by Dyche

Dyche is a clever guy. He starts with defence, builds from there. No lame interviews either. I think Defour is probably the only dud he's signed. Mee and Tarkowski are solid.

• Like 1

How have we gone from having a game in hand on everyone to having played a game more? Why is it fair that we've played 4 games in quick succession after a 3 month break, whilst other teams have played 2 allowing them to get up to speed more gradually.  Are the Premier league deliberately trying to screw us over?

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

How are Leicester going to play games the next few weeks!? 

As the Premier League is all about integrity and not United taking a Champions League spot,  I would expect them to play on neutral grounds and ex Leicester players living outside the city can play for the team

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I find it all the most impressive in that whenever I watch Burnley they look like a pub team. Also that arse Mee scoring has annoyed me

Pub team with 45 points. I'll have some of that.

6 games to go and 4 pretty awful teams, there really inst a fat lot between any of them and I think it will come down to a mistake/moment of magic for one of them teams to step out and win a couple of games - You only have to look at the points gained between us since restart, 3 and we have got 2 of them!

I look at our squad and one thing that has improved is the back line and Luiz, we are not conceding as many chances/goals and so at least we are getting a bit of a base to build on - It just needs someone to step out now and be that hero (Jack?)

Will be interesting to see where we are after this weekend as I think if we can just hang in touch to that last 4 games I think there will be opportunities to get some points

Maybe im daft but I still think we can do it -  Keep the faith !

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Newcastle playing Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham all in a row. Unless we foresee them getting 3 wins in a row, 1 or more of our rivals will be getting points soon. We need to get something from either Liverpool or United. Pretty sure Liverpool will smash us at Anfield though. First game there as title holders.

Newcastle are more than capable of getting draws like they did from us. Continual draws for likes of West Ham will just mean we need to try to find one win from somewhere to get to 17th but of course that's easier said than done given how rubbish we've been since February started.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just poor. Literally all Burnley have is a good attitude, fitness, aggression and awareness of roles. We don't have any of them

It was a fantastic win for them considering they were missing their three first choice forwards. They pretty much had all youth players on the bench aswell although that may be Dyche continuing his protest to the board.

Main thing is they do to West Ham what they did to Palace. That's a game I'm fully expecting West Ham to win tbh but Burnley result gives hope they're not signed off for the season just yet.

I said it when it resumed 10 points would keep us up, we have 2 and Wolves was a bit lf a sickener because draw was probably a fair result. 

If we don't get hammered in the next 2 and maybe sneak a point then its all to play for. Last games are all winnable 

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it when it resumed 10 points would keep us up, we have 2 and Wolves was a bit lf a sickener because draw was probably a fair result. 

If we don't get hammered in the next 2 and maybe sneak a point then its all to play for. Last games are all winnable 

I honestly think another 6 points may even be enough given how terrible everyone around us looks. 6 more probably enough, 7 should be, with 8 more i think we're laughing. I dont, however,  think we'll get 8 more, and whatever happens we are almost certainly going to need to beat west ham on the last day

• Like 1