Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Honestly, if English football wasn't such a boy's clubs, the likes of Bruce and others like Allardyce would have been out to pasture a long time ago. It's a sad indictment of the game that people like Pardew continue to get work with their terrible records.

• Like 2

Bruce's football of getting stuck in, having men behind the ball, and hoping to nick a goal from a moment of individual skill or a  set-piece will get you results if you have a decent enough squad, which Newcastle have, but if he was in charge of a team like Sheffield United, Burnley or simiilar then they'd be relegated by now.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Bruce's football of getting stuck in, having men behind the ball, and hoping to nick a goal from a moment of individual skill or a  set-piece will get you results if you have a decent enough squad, which Newcastle have, but if he was in charge of a team like Sheffield United, Burnley or simiilar then they'd be relegated by now.

His teams usually does ok for the first couple of seasons. But eventually both players and fans get sick of the football being served.

Can see them going into free fall next season (If the takeover never happen)

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If Jack's head has been turned, then we're stuffed. We could barely get a win with him giving everything, if he puts the cue in the rack we have no hope.

I think that Jack is the type to give his all even if his head is turned ala Milner 

I think if the takeover wasn't happen and they retained Bruce they'd  have a similar season to this one, be on the periphery of relegation with a strong possibilty of being pulled into it, but also having a good chance of staying up, because they have pretty decent squad when all is said and done, and despite the criticism he gets as an owner Ashley usually spends money to strengthen them.

Doesn't surpise me at all that Sheffield United are losing, as I thought when people were talking up our draw against them that Newcastle will probably go and win and then it won't look as good, that kind thing often happens to us. On the positive side I actually think Newcastle winning today is a good thing for us as it virtually makes them safe and might make it a bit easier for us on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Doesn't surpise me at all that Sheffield United are losing, as I thought when people were talking up our draw against them that Newcastle will probably go and win and then it won't look as good, that kind thing often happens to us. On the positive side I actually think Newcastle winning today is a good thing for us as it virtually makes them safe and might make it a bit easier for us on Wednesday.

So far Shef U have had one shot on target in 2 games !

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Being lucky and unlucky tends to even itself out in a season.

But in the case of Newcastle they've been lucky all season. No way should they be where they are in the table.

Dunno - think they mullered sheff U here . They don't look interested .

I think during the season a lot of Sheffield United's success was based upon momentum, and they were always likely to be nowhere near as good next season, but with the way this season has been split into two, we're seeing that drop-off in form happening at the end of this season instead. They still did well to build up that momentum in the first place though.

Just now, useless said:

I think during the season a lot of Sheffield United's success was based upon momentum, and they were always likely to be nowhere near as good next season, but with the way this season has been split into two, we're seeing that drop-off in form happening at the end of this season instead. They still did well to build up that momentum in the first place though.

They were basically the slightly better version of us and got the points their performances warranted, and kept it up a while longer, which is the opposite of us. The year before they went up in the championship they were top at Xmas and collapsed.