Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/19/broadcasters-due-36m-rebates-every-week-premier-league-extends/

£330 mil rebate already plus 39 mil for every week beyond July 16th , I wonder how this factors into parachute payments 

Who negotiated that deal at the Premier League? 

You would assume that the prize money/parachute payments for this season have been announced it will have to come out of the next couple of years.

18 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Who negotiated that deal at the Premier League? 

You would assume that the prize money/parachute payments for this season have been announced it will have to come out of the next couple of years.

Scudamore I would have throught

Even so I don't get out when they are getting every game live now they are stilled owed so much.You would have to think after this the PL and indeed the clubs will be pushing for a new TV structure by running it themselves.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2020 at 14:56, AVTuco said:

BBC says Werder Bremen is Aston Villa. I'm still Mönchengladbach... after all, they haven't won anything since 1995..

conceded 3 more than us.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I agree, it only makes sense to clear up the games in hand for all clubs if they plan on having to use PPG at some point.

If the games in hand are cleared so that every team has played an equal number of matches then PPG is obsolete, we'd just be talking about points. I don't know how many times this needs to be said or why it annoys me so much but there you go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If the games in hand are cleared so that every team has played an equal number of matches then PPG is obsolete, we'd just be talking about points. I don't know how many times this needs to be said or why it annoys me so much but there you go.

I agree, the only difference if they do weighted home and away ppg, which they talked about.

• Like 2

Seeing all the PL spin doctors on TV is quite sickening. I particularly find it galling how they are pushing a piece on how the testing company has the capacity to do the 1000's of tests a week so it's all ok but with no mention of the Government still not able to hit their testing targets for those who need them by quite some margin. It's also odd how when the virus first hit just a handful of cases among players was the reason for football being cancelled and here we are now with six cases off just 1 test and all of a sudden that's good as 99% are therefore ok! Bizarre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/19/broadcasters-due-36m-rebates-every-week-premier-league-extends/

£330 mil rebate already plus 39 mil for every week beyond July 16th , I wonder how this factors into parachute payments 

I don’t get this. If the season goes ahead they’ll get their live games plus they’ll be showing around 80% of the other fixtures so getting even more for their money? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thinking of fixtures:is the PL supposedly trying to play two fixtures per week for every team? And when do we play our game in hand?

The game in hand is integral to our chances of staying up, it really needs to be played before any potential Lockdown#2 arrives...

Fixtures should restart with the Chelsea "home" game but certainly Sheffield United should be played a.s.a.p. Main issue before was trying to reschedule alongside FA cup and CL fixtures in midweek but that's obviously not going to be a problem now.

• Like 1

I wonder if Sky and BT were around in WWII, would they have just given the players soldiers helmets and said you have to play with these on these will make it as safe as it's going to get.

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I wonder if Sky and BT were around in WWII, would they have just given the players soldiers helmets and said you have to play with these on these will make it as safe as it's going to get.

They would have been filming everything and just as people were landing at Normandy, Martin Tyler could shout and ITS LIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3 hours ago, Nabby said:

You have to wonder, whether it's really financially worth the trouble that's associated with getting this season started again, given how much the PL will face repaying the broadcasters, even if they do get the season finished. Is it actually worth all of the risks?