Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Burnley may well play a big role in the relegation battle since they have matches against Watford, West Ham, Norwich and Brighton still. They've also got a shot at a Europa League place still, so should remain motivated if they can keep up with the pack. If they can start doing that by pulling a result out of the bag tonight against Man City it will also contribute to Liverpool winning the title before they face us, which would be an added bonus.

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Having watched it in real-time Maupay could alter his trajectory but doesn't, he wasn't even running at full pace. He knew what he was doing.

First time see. It today wasn’t as bad as suspected. Probably not even a foul only because it’s a GK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Leno has the ball firmly in two hands then Maupay clatters him. He's a disgrace. Pure scum.

Leno has the ball firmly in two hands then Maupay clatters him. He's a disgrace. Pure scum.

If we had a few with his aggression, me might not be in the shit we are now. Would sign him in a heartbeat.

If we had a few with his aggression, me might not be in the shit we are now. Would sign him in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Having watched it in real-time Maupay could alter his trajectory but doesn't, he wasn't even running at full pace. He knew what he was doing.

You see those incidents every game though. How often do you see a keeper claim a cross from a corner and a forward going for the ball bumps/clatters into him. Or even when a forward lunges for the ball from a cross and catches the keeper, Dwight Gayle last season in the play offs.

Must admit when I first saw the incident I though "is that it?" It was just unfortunate Leno got a bad injury, pretty freakish.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Expecting another master class from Maupay

Forget about Brighton. No way we're overtaking them now. 

We just need to hope beyond hope that West Ham and Bournemouth keep losing. I can't see us getting past 32/33 points in truth. As soon as one of those wins a match, we're in serious s***. 

• Like 1

Leicester could slip up against Brighton, think they've only won one of their last six, which of course was against us. But if Brighton do lose and we win tomorrow then we're suddenly only three points behind them and three of their next four fixtures are Untied, CIty and Liverpool.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Leicester could slip up against Brighton, think they've only won one of their last six, which of course was against us. But if Brighton do lose and we win tomorrow then we're suddenly only three points behind them and three of their next four fixtures are losses.

Fixed.

• Thanks 1

Since the back to back wins vs. Watford & Leicester, our form:

Bournemouth 2-1 Villa

Villa 2-3 Spurs

Southampton 2-0 Villa

Leicester 4-0 Villa

Villa 0-0 Sheff Utd

Villa 1-2 Chelsea

with a cup final loss thrown in the middle, the countless VAR screwing overs, last minute mistakes, leads thrown away time and time again it really is hard to see how we pick ourselves up off the ground and show that we can at least compete in these last 8 games. Our confidence has been shot to pieces countless times this season, we have no form or threat to call upon.

only positive is I guess a Bruce side would be the one game you’d pick to maybe turn things around. Its Smiths job to get a reaction tomorrow, entering last chance saloon now. 

Watching the pressing and competitiveness of a well organised And disciplined Brighton side so far this half just highlights how poor our general play is and how bad we are set up. This is what I expected of a Smith side to look like rather than the clueless tripe served up since October/ November. 

• Like 3