Travel

hogso

18 hours ago, turvontour said:

Got train tickets booked. Going from moor street as bloke at Solihull strongly advised not to get on at Solihull as trains will be full.

£25 return for me and my lad is great value.

Where did you find it for that price?!

Managed to get hold of some train timings. As far as I can tell the following trains from Moor Street will stop at Wembley: 

0734 (7 car commuter train) arrives 0927. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

0755 (7 car train) arrives 0933

0811 (7 car train) arrives 0953

0834 (7 car commuter train) arrives 1025. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

0857 (6 car loco hauled train) arrives 1031

0914 (7 car train) arrives 1102

0934 (7 car commuter train) arrives 1126. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

0957 (6 car loco hauled train) arrives 1132

1014 (4 car train) arrives 1203

1034 (6 car commuter train) arrives 1226. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

1055 (6 car loco hauled train) arrives 1232

1114 (7 car train) arrives 1303

1155 (7 car train) arrives 1326

1214 (7 car train) arrives 1417

1255 (4 car train) arrives 1426

Obviously this is just a post on a forum so usual caveats apply, things subject to change (etc) but as far as I can see there is a train to Wembley roughly every twenty minutes from half seven until a quarter past eleven. The commuter trains don't have tables and as many plug sockets, I'm not sure if they have WiFi or not. The loco hauled trains are the nicest to sit inside.  Return times depend on whether the game goes into extra time or not, but as far as I can tell trains run back from Wembley to Birmingham at least as late as 2245 (2237 off of Marylebone). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, turvontour said:

Got train tickets booked. Going from moor street as bloke at Solihull strongly advised not to get on at Solihull as trains will be full.

If it's anything like last year then that's a good shout.

They were full when they left Moor Street, let alone by the time they got to Solihull and beyond.

Anyone seen anything about any disruption for the trains this weekend?

I remember last year I couldn't get the train as they'd stopped services north of Birmingham after 6pm or something like that.....striking about something, as per.

51 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone seen anything about any disruption for the trains this weekend?

I remember last year I couldn't get the train as they'd stopped services north of Birmingham after 6pm or something like that.....striking about something, as per.

From what I can see, it's the trains from New Street to Euston which are running a reduced service, only 2 per hour.

Did anyone use the West Mids train to Euston last year? Some mates are thinking of doing it as an alternative to the Chiltern service.

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Managed to get hold of some train timings. As far as I can tell the following trains from Moor Street will stop at Wembley: 

0734 (7 car commuter train) arrives 0927. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

0755 (7 car train) arrives 0933

0811 (7 car train) arrives 0953

0834 (7 car commuter train) arrives 1025. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

0857 (6 car loco hauled train) arrives 1031

0914 (7 car train) arrives 1102

0934 (7 car commuter train) arrives 1126. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

0957 (6 car loco hauled train) arrives 1132

1014 (4 car train) arrives 1203

1034 (6 car commuter train) arrives 1226. Doesn't stop at Solihull. 

1055 (6 car loco hauled train) arrives 1232

1114 (7 car train) arrives 1303

1155 (7 car train) arrives 1326

1214 (7 car train) arrives 1417

1255 (4 car train) arrives 1426

Obviously this is just a post on a forum so usual caveats apply, things subject to change (etc) but as far as I can see there is a train to Wembley roughly every twenty minutes from half seven until a quarter past eleven. The commuter trains don't have tables and as many plug sockets, I'm not sure if they have WiFi or not. The loco hauled trains are the nicest to sit inside.  Return times depend on whether the game goes into extra time or not, but as far as I can tell trains run back from Wembley to Birmingham at least as late as 2245 (2237 off of Marylebone). 

How many stop at Dorridge matey?

Without looking at 50+ pages of diagrams again, as far as I can tell it's just the ones which would be timetabled to stop there anyway, so the ones which leave Moor Street just after ten past the hour.  They'll get to Dorridge at about twenty five past. 

• Like 1

To those, like me, that are driving from Birmingham, what time are you setting off? I was thinking 10ish would be fine. After parking and a short walk to the ground, I imagine it’ll be between 1-2pm.

I've got the best route

Out of bed, down the stairs and into lounge. Cold beers and the missus is taking the lad out for the day so I can swear at the telly too. I'd rather be going to Wembley of course but don't have £500 spare or enough booking history this season

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

To those, like me, that are driving from Birmingham, what time are you setting off? I was thinking 10ish would be fine. After parking and a short walk to the ground, I imagine it’ll be between 1-2pm.

I'm thinking of leaving between 9 to 9:30 get their earlyish and soak up the atomosphere around the stadium!

• Like 1

for those going by train and then using the underground you can use your contactless card to pay in the same way as an oyster card, so no need to queue for paper tickets.

there are lots of details here which explains it better.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/how-to-pay-and-where-to-buy-tickets-and-oyster/pay-as-you-go/contactless-and-mobile-pay-as-you-go

• Thanks 1

Remember for anyone going into Euston as well...

Best way to Wembley is to walk out of Euston and head right to Euston Square. From there get the Metropolitan line to Wembley.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Remember for anyone going into Euston as well...

Best way to Wembley is to walk out of Euston and head right to Euston Square. From there get the Metropolitan line to Wembley.

Is that direct? 

Im going in euston and was planning on getting the overground to Watford which stops at wembley 

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

for those going by train and then using the underground you can use your contactless card to pay in the same way as an oyster card, so no need to queue for paper tickets.

there are lots of details here which explains it better.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/how-to-pay-and-where-to-buy-tickets-and-oyster/pay-as-you-go/contactless-and-mobile-pay-as-you-go

I've done this before and it works out cheaper too

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Is that direct? 

Im going in euston and was planning on getting the overground to Watford which stops at wembley 

Yep three or four stops from Euston Square to Wembley Park. Then you get a nice walk down Wembley way with great view as well.

I would 100% recommend this route if you're heading into Euston. Use contactless card to tap in and out of the tube.

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Is that direct? 

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep three or four stops from Euston Square to Wembley Park. Then you get a nice walk down Wembley way with great view as well.

I would 100% recommend this route if you're heading into Euston. Use contactless card to tap in and out of the tube.

Metropolitan Line from Euston Square, 4 stops to Wembley.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Â