Travel

hogso

1 hour ago, avfc456 said:

On the off chance anyone is interested, I have a space booked on Wyld Way HA9 Wembley from 11am to 7PM on Monday, however the person I booked it for (through JustPark) could not get a ticket 

The space cost £16.40, it is just off the north circular on the Villa side of Wembley, if anyone wants it or know of anyone who wants it they can have it for £10 (preferably via PayPal friends and family), I just need to change the registration of the car and thats it, I have all the details to hand

We are parked on the next street as it is a good area for a quick get away 

Has this gone? As think my mate is driving us down now

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Has this gone? As think my mate is driving us down now

No.......drop me a PM if you are interested, I am parked on the next road (Chalfont Avenue) its a really decent place to park for a quick getaway 

2 hours ago, avfc456 said:

No.......drop me a PM if you are interested, I am parked on the next road (Chalfont Avenue) its a really decent place to park for a quick getaway 

Told my mate about this, but he’s sorted his parking out, you should get a full refund off justpark if you can’t use it

14 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Told my mate about this, but he’s sorted his parking out, you should get a full refund off justpark if you can’t use it

I didn't realise you could do that, cheers!

On 22/05/2019 at 18:22, AlwaysAVFC said:

From what I can see, it's the trains from New Street to Euston which are running a reduced service, only 2 per hour.

Did anyone use the West Mids train to Euston last year? Some mates are thinking of doing it as an alternative to the Chiltern service.

On 24/05/2019 at 13:47, lammy123 said:

Did anyone get a Virgin train from New St last year?  if so what was it like?  I've got seat reservations at 8:50 but was considering getting an earlier one.

Bit late, but those trains weren't running last year. One of the reasons the trains from Moor Street were so busy

The 8.54 from Lichfield Trent Valley to Euston was busy when it pulled in with only standing room available, the platform was rammed full of villa and derby. The train only had 4 carriages so we were crammed in, couldn't even get my phone out my pocket. Nobody at Tamworth could get on and that platform was full as well. 

It was even worse on the way back but everyone was in good spirits including the derby fans, plenty of friendly banter and chatting. 

On 24/05/2019 at 01:47, jackbauer24 said:

Well unless the fiancé has really messed up she's pulled a blinder with parking. Found 10am to 8pm at a gated parking place in Neasden for £3.50 and booked for Monday using Justpark! Happy with that - tube in takes 5mins, might even walk it back (45mins) to walk off disappointment/ dance in the streets (or simply avoid Wembley Park Station after a game...)

Probably try to get to Neasden about 11/12 I'm guessing, takes 2ish hours.

For when we all need it for the FA Cup Final next year...

This place was perfect; quiet, easy to get to, cheap, going the opposite way to everyone else so the 5min tube ride was empty even at Wembley Park. Driving out simple too. 

Hope to use it again...

5 hours ago, AndyC said:

The 8.54 from Lichfield Trent Valley to Euston was busy when it pulled in with only standing room available, the platform was rammed full of villa and derby. The train only had 4 carriages so we were crammed in, couldn't even get my phone out my pocket. Nobody at Tamworth could get on and that platform was full as well. 

It was even worse on the way back but everyone was in good spirits including the derby fans, plenty of friendly banter and chatting. 

Public transport and in particular the trains in this country is a joke.

I got the 8.30 train from Euston back to LTV. It was a stampede to get on the train, lucky to get a seat as it filled up quickly leaving standing room only. 8 Carriages and no toilets working !!!!!!

It was late leaving and took almost 2 hours.

An absolute crap nightmare of a journey only made bearable by the fact we had won.

I have to say the service out of Moor Street was superb. No queue's, as there were so many trains on, staff to direct people, no one needed to stand up going either, seats for all. 

Of course it was a different story coming back... 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hogso said:

I have to say the service out of Moor Street was superb. No queue's, as there were so many trains on, staff to direct people, no one needed to stand up going either, seats for all. 

Of course it was a different story coming back... 

That's good to hear after last year's experience.

I imagine having the New Street to Euston line open helped a lot as well.

I went via Zeelo coach and have to say it was poor.

One of the main reasons i chose this route was that we were promised arrival by Midday to enable us to enjoy the pre-game atmosphere. Secondly my mate lives right by Wembley stadium and had the tickets so it was a good way to meet him as he knew where the "YELLOW" car park was which was what my ticket stated was our destination car park.

As for the reality:

It was very cold on the way down and no heaters were put on, in fact ice cold air con we had instead. Then we pulled off onto a service station about an hour from Wembley for some bizzarre reason. Nobody got off apart from half a dozen who used it to grab a fag. Half an hour we were there sat on a coach full of Villa fans itching to get to the stadium for obvious reasons. "Why have we stopped driver" someone asked.."Break" he replied..nothing more. As it turned out it was to swap drivers (the other one was presumably a bit late).

On we went and eventually now around 1pm we arrived at Wembley but noticed we were going a different route to most of the other Villa coaches. In fact in dead slow traffic we went right round the opposite side of the stadium and queued for another 30 mins in a line of coaches when we realised he had taken us to the Orange car park. "Wrong car park driver" someone shouted (Now 1:30pm) ..."Well i was told Orange" he replied. At this point he got off and was in deep discussions with some other officials and drivers. Another 20 mins passed when he got on and quite bluntly said "oh get off here". "What about pick" up someone asked.. "oh well just come back here same place" he said.

Annoyed we all got off and had to find our way to the stadium with no directions given (another 10 mins).  I couldn't get through to my mate who was at the polar opposite side of the ground trying to find me. Eventually we got texts (phones wouldn't work due to poor signal area) and managed to find each other on Wembley way.

Thankfully due to living by the ground my mate knew a short cut to the Villa fan zones & a good pub and we managed to grab a quick pint in the 40 minutes we had left before KO.

WAY HOME

So after an amazing celebration i saw i had 3 texts from Zeelo about the return coach. They were all the same message. "Your coach reg is """"""""""""" if you need help call 0330 """ """ "" "

I had to make my way through all the Derby fans to reach the Orange car park to the drop off point where we had been told our coach would be. NO COACH!

I rang 3 times the number in the text to speak to "one of the team" but the team were not replying. Instead it just rang out for a while until i got a "Please call back later" message.

So i had to search the car park for our coach which was hidden away right at the far end.

Many others who hadn't realized we were not on the Yellow car park at drop off (as this was not clearly indicated by the driver to everyone) took ages to come back as they all went to the wrong car park. Some didn't make it at all as we were still short on numbers when he drove off about an hour later than planned!

On the way home we now hit all the traffic and being late leaving we were at the back of the queue so this again caused delay. Eventually we arrive back at the M40/M42 junction and now realised he had gone North instead of South. Some fans told him and he had to turn round at the next junction... More delay".

There was no entertainment on the coach, no radio, no music and it flattened everyone as a result tbh. Shame after what was such a fantastic day overall.

So Zeelo .... NOT IMPRESSED!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Â