Travel

hogso

Just now, turvontour said:

What would you say is the easiest out of train, driving or coach. Will be going from south Brum, with my young lad.

Train's probably easiest if it's a normal journey.

Last year it was chaos. To be fair it was because some of the lines to London were closed. 

but I was on the busiest train I've ever seen. We got a very early train, something like 7:30am, and no exaggeration it was so busy I couldn't move. And I don't mean oh it was crowded so i couldn't really move around. I mean I literally couldn't move. I couldn't move my feet an inch in any direction and I couldn't even reach my pocket to get my phone out. For two and a bit hours. Worst train journey I've ever had.

It may well be better this year, but I don't think I'll risk it personally.

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

After the absolute hell of using the train last year I think I'll be driving down and parking at a friend's house this year.

Any spare seats? :P

27 minutes ago, Fazilla said:

Does anybody know how to book the official coach travel from Villa Park? I have looked on the avfc website and can't find a link. 

Last year they arrived with just 30mins to spare before kick off.

My experience on the coach was pretty awful. Hilarious in hindsight as fans on the coach continually berated and sang insulting songs at the inept and clearly inexperienced driver. And yes, we arrived way too late to do anything other than go to the turnstiles. 

I booked the train for £30 return on the Chiltern line from Moor Street to Wembley Stadium, as posted on the previous page by rev. Pleased with that. 

42 minutes ago, hogso said:

My experience on the coach was pretty awful. Hilarious in hindsight as fans on the coach continually berated and sang insulting songs at the inept and clearly inexperienced driver. And yes, we arrived way too late to do anything other than go to the turnstiles. 

I booked the train for £30 return on the Chiltern line from Moor Street to Wembley Stadium, as posted on the previous page by rev. Pleased with that. 

Based on the feedback ive had on the coaches and trains, I'll probably drive.

Imagine it'll be a nightmare to get away after though, with everyone heading north.

Stanmore tube station just of the M1- 3 stops from Wembley with a large car park, you can pre book the parking too

I will never use the train again after the United league cup final, horrific. 

Edited by avfc456

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Would people recommend parking near Wembley, or parking at a train/tube station and train/tubeing it to Wembley?

Try parkopedia, Amend times/dates to suit your trip pal. 

https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/locations/wembley_greater_london_england_united_kingdom_gcpv316rrwu/?arriving=201905271200&leaving=201905271900 

Okay I have sorted my parking, the wife reminded me we had used a website called JustPark a few years ago when we went to the final of the Tennis at Queens club ( don't judge me..the Mrs is a fan... ..it was funny as Seb Coe was walking back afterwards about 15 yards ahead of us and said hello )

So I've got a spot on a private drive less than 10 mins walk from the Stadium for under £12

Worked well last time and I still had an Account set up with my Reg No. and payment details all set up so easy peasy.  

Another shout for JustPark ..... loads of private drives within ten minutes of the stadium. Bit more pricey this year at £15+ but very easy and a great way to get in close !

• Like 2

Lucky sods getting a return for £30. Bloody £71 from Nottingham! It's actually cheaper to come an hour and a half out of the way to New Street and get the train from there, rail tickets are a **** joke. JustPark it is.

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

Would people recommend parking near Wembley, or parking at a train/tube station and train/tubeing it to Wembley?

I’m thinking of doing this aswell, as got the train last time

Derby's win was incredibly good news for me. I'll be travelling from Leeds, on a train that now won't be full of Leeds supporters. Result. 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2019 at 10:05, Kingman said:

Last year they arrived with just 30mins to spare before kick off.

I used the official coach too last year and had the same experience! Was awful!

Â