Match Thread: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Win looking important now!

Win is always important, but still think the key thing is not losing. Keep fifth and sixth in the mix, and don’t worry about the other teams as it’s still all in our own hands. If we draw this it won’t be a bad day at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we're not a 'one man team' then we're close to that. The ideas aren't there enough without Grealish, the vision, movement and spark in central midfield isn't there. 

And not enough room for McGinn's runs.

Not seeing it happening so far, we've gone back to playing it at the back creating an opening but then playing it back again and the keeper having to hoof.

No one looking to carry the ball at the moment and that's an issue which is causing us to lose possession far too easily far too often.

Should have had 2 goals that half but you could argue so should they.

You can get away with playing someone like Hourihane for his set pieces when you have a pairing like McGinn and Grealish in there.

If you don't, CH is as close to a passenger as you will ever find. So weak, no ambition in his open play passing, never wins a tackle or header. Just so so poor at times.

That said we have battled well, should be ahead, missed some great chances.

I agree TA should be brought off, confidence is rock bottom

Boro and Derby winning, need to get at least a point from this. We havent taken our chances so far. If results stay the same we have to beat Bolton and Millwall (who we havent beaten once since being down here) with the last two games being difficult. Could really do with scraping the win here

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We hit the post, a great save by their keeper and Tammy/McGinn got in each other's way.

We have ideas, we just couldn't finish. So, shh.

Exactly. This fawning over jack has to stop. It's borderline juvenile at times. We've had 2 great chances and both great attempts too. Their keeper has done brilliantly. Fair dues. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

You can get away with playing someone like Hourihane for his set pieces when you have a pairing like McGinn and Grealish in there.

If you don't, CH is as close to a passenger as you will ever find. So weak, no ambition in his open play passing, never wins a tackle or header. Just so so poor at times.

That said we have battled well, should be ahead, missed some great chances.

I agree TA should be brought off, confidence is rock bottom

I've said numerous times i think lansbury is a much better player an advanced role than Hourihane. People will counter with " yeah but he's not match fit " Well how does he get match fit without game time. Even try Ramsey. Conor just can't create. End of.