Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

StefanAVFC

9 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

The last few pages of this thread are up there with the strangest I’ve seen on Villatalk.

There’s people seemingly advocating a load of Tommy Robinson EDL types turning up to cause trouble at protests under the pretence of protecting statues.

Meanwhile those who don’t see the need for this force of vigilante statue protectors are now part of the “Leftwaffe”.

If 2020 was a film script it’d be binned for being too farfetched. I genuinely dread to think what’s going to happen next this year. 

Its great how you try to prove your point by only critising one side of the argument 🙂

Edited by Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We all know he’s a nasty horrible racist piece of work. But the ironic thing is he was actually a victim of racism himself growing up. It’s why he has so much irrational hate inside him now. 

Hate is a horrible thing.

I have had racism thrown at me by a black person. When i was working as a receptionist in outpatients about 10 years ago i was asked a question about a appointment by a black guy. He didnt like the waiting time was too long and he started complaining.  Fine i get it we all get frustrated when waiting a long time in waiting room.  But what i didnt appreciate was ehen he started shouting at me "come on white boy" and you "white boys are useless at your jobs"

I just said to him look i understand your frustrated but please refrain from bringing my skin cokour into this. One of the doctors who was black was so disgusted he refused to see him and showed great support.

But my point is just because i had one black racist idiot why would i hate all blacks? Robinson should not hate all blacks if thats how he feels. There are so many great great black brown people. Cant tarnish them all the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have had racism thrown at me by a black person. When i was working as a receptionist in outpatients about 10 years ago i was asked a question about a appointment by a black guy. He didnt like the waiting time was too long and he started complaining.  Fine i get it we all get frustrated when waiting a long time in waiting room.  But what i didnt appreciate was ehen he started shouting at me "come on white boy" and you "white boys are useless at your jobs"

I just said to him look i understand your frustrated but please refrain from bringing my skin cokour into this. One of the doctors who was black was so disgusted he refused to see him and showed great support.

But my point is just because i had one black racist idiot why would i hate all blacks? Robinson should not hate all blacks if thats how he feels. There are so many great great black brown people. Cant tarnish them all the same.

100% correct, there is good and bad in everyone as the song goes. Bad is bad in any colour and good is good in any colour. What we should not do is label people to be either based solely and exclusively on skin colour 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When I was in college I suffered racist abuse from all angles, the student population was 90% Asian, this was around the time of 9/11 And it was widely celebrated, the abuse was daily and on two separate occasions I was threatened with a knife.

I reported it to the principal (or whatever you call them these days) and was pretty much told that they wouldn't so anything about it because I was white.

At that point I dropped out and got myself a job.

When you are suffering from racial abuse on a daily basis it is extremely isolating and lonely, I was lucky that I was able to remove myself from the situation, I can kind of see how someone's views and opinions could get skewed, I'm not defending Tommy Robinson at all but saying that there is a difference between an isolated incident and prolonged racist abuse.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

When I was in college I suffered racist abuse from all angles, the student population was 90% Asian, this was around the time of 9/11 And it was widely celebrated, the abuse was daily and on two separate occasions I was threatened with a knife.

I reported it to the principal (or whatever you call them these days) and was pretty much told that they wouldn't so anything about it because I was white.

At that point I dropped out and got myself a job.

When you are suffering from racial abuse on a daily basis it is extremely isolating and lonely, I was lucky that I was able to remove myself from the situation, I can kind of see how someone's views and opinions could get skewed, I'm not defending Tommy Robinson at all but saying that there is a difference between an isolated incident and prolonged racist abuse.

Sounds rough mate. Its a massive shame you had to drop out and were not supported during the ordeal just because your white. Thats a perfect example of double standards.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds rough mate. Its a massive shame you had to drop out and were not supported during the ordeal just because your white. Thats a perfect example of double standards.

It's all water under the bridge now ain't it, that was about 20 years ago, majority if the **** that gave me grief have hopefully grown out of that phase, we were only kids at the time.

It hasn't affected me whatsoever in the long term but at the time it wasn't nice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

It's all water under the bridge now ain't it, that was about 20 years ago, majority if the **** that gave me grief have hopefully grown out of that phase, we were only kids at the time.

It hasn't affected me whatsoever in the long term, apart from wanting to volley everyone in the jaw, but at the time it wasn't nice.

Fixed that for you mate ;)

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I think it was probably supposed to look like he’d squeezed in a quick message whilst he could in a hectic schedule.

He’s on hollybobs in Spain.

He had 3 things on the to do list, sit by the pool, tug the little soldier, urgent message to the fans saying gutted I won’t be at your protest.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it was probably supposed to look like he’d squeezed in a quick message whilst he could in a hectic schedule.

He’s on hollybobs in Spain.

He had 3 things on the to do list, sit by the pool, tug the little soldier, urgent message to the fans saying gutted I won’t be at your protest.

He said his reason for not going to the UK was because he said he wouldn’t be allowed out again. Not sure why that would be, especially if he drove as he said he did initially. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He said his reason for not going to the UK was because he said he wouldn’t be allowed out again. Not sure why that would be, especially if he drove as he said he did initially. 

Perhaps he’s a suspect in an arson?

• Haha 1

Â