Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

StefanAVFC

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Serial victim Tommy Robinson is banned from all football matches for 4 years.

Far right extremist Tommy Robinson has been banned from all football matches – including England – at home and abroad for four years.

The thug, real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, 38, was filmed punching a Three Lions fan to the ground in Portugal during the Nations League finals.

That footage, obtained by the Mirror, was used by Bedfordshire Police to bring a civil case against Robinson this week.

It resulted in an order banning him from “all regulated football matches, home and abroad” for four years – including England at the next two Euro tournaments and the World Cup in Qatar in 2022.

Dep Chief Constable Mark Roberts, National Police Chiefs’ Council Football Policing Lead, said: “This is a really positive result.”

Robinson was seen thumping a fan before England’s 3-1 defeat to Holland in Guimaraes on June 6, 2019.

The former English Defence League leader approached the England fan, who told him: “You do not represent me.”

A witness said: “Robinson throws a punch. This is from a man trying to become an MEP.” Robinson said the fan had been rowdy and abusive.

Robinson had posted a message before the game saying: “No football banning order here, mate.”

The remark was believed to refer to a banning order Bedfordshire Police applied for over a flag reading “F*** ISIS” at Euro 2016. They said it was inciting hatred against Muslims but he successfully challenged it.

The force worked with the UK Football Policing Unit to obtain the order banning him from football matches.

More on the link

Just now, rjw63 said:

Must enjoy causing/being in some kind of trouble all the time.

Mentally ill I'd wager.

Nah, it's a grift. Infamy Infamy, they've all got it in for me. Meanwhile, all his fans donate.

He's a mini-Trump. It's all about the grift

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 12/06/2020 at 10:02, leemond2008 said:

When I was in college I suffered racist abuse from all angles, the student population was 90% Asian, this was around the time of 9/11 And it was widely celebrated, the abuse was daily and on two separate occasions I was threatened with a knife.

I reported it to the principal (or whatever you call them these days) and was pretty much told that they wouldn't so anything about it because I was white.

At that point I dropped out and got myself a job.

When you are suffering from racial abuse on a daily basis it is extremely isolating and lonely, I was lucky that I was able to remove myself from the situation, I can kind of see how someone's views and opinions could get skewed, I'm not defending Tommy Robinson at all but saying that there is a difference between an isolated incident and prolonged racist abuse.

Sorry to hear this mate. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that it’s not just minority groups that suffer from racism. It’s disgusting that you had to suffer this and had no support.  Are you able to see what area the college was in?

My understanding is Tommy Robinson suffered constant racist abuse growing up and also his cousin was groomed. Again not defending him for a second but it’s not always just as simple as a person decides to be a racist for the sake of it. 

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

One suspects that this story came from his own mouth and as such is not trustworthy as a source.

He is an actual fascist

Fair enough and not doubting for a second he is a fascist. But I have met people in the past from Luton that have spoke of racism towards non Pakistanis in certain areas and schools. So his stories may not be miles away from the truth. 

Still no excusing his behaviour. It just may explain how he became that way. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â