Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

StefanAVFC

Just now, Xela said:

I don't think hoping that protesters don't vandalise a war heroes statue is appeasing the far right? Its called not wanting criminal damage to happen. 

I was referring to his reasoning for why statues shouldn’t be vandalised. I tend to agree that statues should be removed by democratic means rather than mob rule but I don’t agree with the idea of not doing something because it might anger the far right. 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You are advocating for appeasement of the far right? Don’t do anything they won’t like for fear they might retaliate?

Did i say that ? Anything to jump on someone eh 🤔

Edited by Demitri_C

You can probably follow a personality change on this site at this point. First is opposition to Labour, then innocent posting of a Yaxley-Lennon video, then pandemic conspiracies...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think hoping that protesters don't vandalise a war heroes statue is appeasing the far right? Its called not wanting criminal damage to happen. 

Exactly  you cant critise a protester without being deemed " far right" its so ridiculous 

Just now, Chindie said:

You can probably follow a personality change on this site at this point. First is opposition to Labour, then innocent posting of a Yaxley-Lennon video, then pandemic conspiracies...

Are you addressing me at that? 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I highlighted the bit in bold where you said you shouldn’t do something that will annoy the far right.

I aaid your giving them a reason to come start trouble. So your in favour in vandalism then?

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t agree with the idea of not doing something because it might anger the far right. 

I agree completely but surely that doesn't extend to wanton criminal damage and other law breaking escapades? 

I hope for peaceful protests but if laws are broken on either side then I hope the Police arrest those responsible

Edited by Xela

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Obviously a attack on me which is complete and utter bollocks

Just because you dont agree with some of my views on certain subjects you have absolutely no right to question my personality.  Attacking a persons charchter is sad and pathetic and you need to grow up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Obviously a attack on me which is complete and utter bollocks

Just because you dont agree with some of my views on certain subjects you have absolutely no right to question my personality.  Attacking a persons charchter is sad and pathetic and you need to grow up. 

I haven't attacked you.

Sometimes good people break the law for the common good and to move society to a better place.  

I wonder if anyone asked for the vandals who broke down the Berlin wall to be jailed for all that criminal damage? 

Whether people pulling down statues of slave traders are criminals is a decision a court will make today and then history will review at a later date. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Sometimes good people break the law for the common good and to move society to a better place.  

I wonder if anyone asked for the vandals who broke down the Berlin wall to be jailed for all that criminal damage? 

Whether people pulling down statues of slave traders are criminals is a decision a court will make today and then history will review at a later date. 

What is it, a misdemeanor and a fine? I really doubt those people are sweating it. The way people are going on you'd think they bombed a building or something.

15 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That’s a fair point but if the law stands and watches does it not increase the likelihood of people who are not happy about the statues being pulled down taking the law in to  their own hands?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What is it, a misdemeanor and a fine? I really doubt those people are sweating it. The way people are going on you'd think they bombed a building or something.

If those are the charges for that offence then I think that’s fair. 

I’m still smiling at Leftwaffe, genuinely funny on so many levels.

Made my day, that. I’m on the look out for somewhere to drop it in to the conversation.

EYKDuynXsAEdjDq?format=jpg&name=large

Farage shot down by the Leftwaffe!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly  you cant critise a protester without being deemed " far right" its so ridiculous 

Yes, but it’s easy to understand. People who formerly thought themselves to be centrist or centre-left cantered off merrily to the far-left in pursuit of Corbynism. From that position the centre-right now looks like the right, and the right looks like the far-right.

That’s how you reach the mental frame where anyone objecting to wanton vandalism or destruction of historical monuments can be called Fascists. 

It’s how you go from slave-traders to Baden-Powell via Gladstone in 48 hours without missing a beat, or even realising how far-left fringe you’ve become. 

Then you can hypothesise about other posters being on a political journey to the dark-side without a hint of irony or self-awareness. 

It’s hilarious. 

• Like 3

Â