Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

StefanAVFC

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Sounded from the video that a few people had made a complaint against him …

don’t think it’s about non appearance in court as the comments after the video suggest 

So I guess he was acting like a prick before switching to the role of victim. He’s good at that. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

So I guess he was acting like a prick before switching to the role of victim. He’s good at that. 

hard to say as the video only starts with the policeman grabbing him , but it looks like Police got the wrong person and then let him go when witnesses pointed it out 

there is an element of who cares and tough shit , couldn't happen to a nicer bloke  ...  but the policeman involved appears to have acted on "because I can  , I was convinced you had breached security "  

don't misconstrue this with sympathy for SYL  , but I'd imagine if this happened to anyone else it would be in the Police state or the art of policing  thread 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

hard to say as the video only starts with the policeman grabbing him , but it looks like Police got the wrong person and then let him go when witnesses pointed it out 

there is an element of who cares and tough shit , couldn't happen to a nicer bloke  ...  but the policeman involved appears to have acted on "because I can  , I was convinced you had breached security "  

don't misconstrue this with sympathy for SYL  , but I'd imagine if this happened to anyone else it would be in the Police state or the art of policing  thread 

I don’t see too much wrong with it, they’ve cuffed him short term as a precaution because they thought he did something wrong then released him shortly afterwards. I expect it happens all the time. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t see too much wrong with it, they’ve cuffed him short term as a precaution because they thought he did something wrong then released him shortly afterwards. I expect it happens all the time. 

tbh i was going with the story as i reported in the Heil today , which seemed to be the only one really running it ( usual Heil caveat) 

When Robinson asks why the incident took place, the officer says: 'Because I was convinced you had breached security - that's why.'

He then clarifies that he has since spoken with witnesses and when accused of assaulting Robinson, he replies: 'I've not assaulted you. I've acted within the law because I believed at the time that you committed a crime.'

I wasn't there and can only go with the video clip  but it did seem a tad excessive  , I've been at airports when armed police have taken someone down in seconds and cuffed them on the basis of a perceived terrorism threat , no messing , no dancing up against the walls    ..I haven't seen police act in that manner at an airport which is the part I was really referring to  ... but there could be a whole heap more that I 'm not  aware of , so I'm not going out on a limb and saying the police were 100% in the wrong  , and  as you say SYL does have a history of acting like prick and then switching to victim 

I just think if that wasn't SYL in that clip , people would be asking questions 

Edit - reading the the article again it doesn't actually say "because I can " ( from my original post) .. I'm pretty sure it did originally but it isn't in the article   so I think I'm going mad 

• Like 1

It’s also a suspiciously short clip. I wonder if just before or after it was cropped SYL looks less innocent.
Hopefully someone else shares a more complete version of events.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbh i was going with the story as i reported in the Heil today , which seemed to be the only one really running it ( usual Heil caveat) 

[quote[]When Robinson asks why the incident took place, the officer says: 'Because I was convinced you had breached security - that's why.'

He then clarifies that he has since spoken with witnesses and when accused of assaulting Robinson, he replies: 'I've not assaulted you. I've acted within the law because I believed at the time that you committed a crime.' [/quote]

I wasn't there and can only go with the video clip  but it did seem a tad excessive  , I've been at airports when armed police have taken someone down in seconds and cuffed them on the basis of a perceived terrorism threat , no messing , no dancing up against the walls    ..I haven't seen police act in that manner at an airport which is the part I was really referring to  ... but there could be a whole heap more that I 'm not  aware of , so I'm not going out on a limb and saying the police were 100% in the wrong  , and  as you say SYL does have a history of acting like prick and then switching to victim 

I just think if that wasn't SYL in that clip , people would be asking questions 

Edit - reading the the article again it doesn't actually say "because I can " ( from my original post) .. I'm pretty sure it did originally but it isn't in the article   so I think I'm going mad 

I get your point its ok because its a bellend but if it was someone else it would be uproar

Â